deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Avid Frederick County, VA metal detectorist Mark Roe 49, his wife Amanda Roe, 31, and the couple's sons, Caleb and Tyler Roe, ages 11 and 4 were killed by an alleged drunk driver in a fiery crash Sunday June 26. 20-year-old Steven Boyce slammed his vehicle into their 1994 Jeep Cherokee as it sat at a red light at the intersection of U.S. 11 and the Interstate 81 northbound Exit 317 in Frederick County.
This kid had an extensive police record for drinking and drug possession, yet the system kept him out on the street and an innocent family has paid the price. RIP Roe Family.

http://www.winchesterstar.com/articles/view/frederick_man_20_charged_in_crash

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy. Alcohol ruins and takes so many lives.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I never got to meet my grandfather because of a drunk driving POS. He was killed the year before I was born while driving to the store for some Coca Cola.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is how they should deal with this nation wide problem.

1. For the first offence, 3 year suspended license.

2. Second offense, suspended license for life. Never allow the sucker to drive ever again.

3. Death penalty if a death accrues after second offence.

4. No wavers for politicians, celebrities, or the rich and famous.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
I lost two nephews to drunk drivers about 4 years apart, both were passangers in vehicles,neither one had reached the age of 16 so they never had a chance to drive.
One I was very close to as he came to our house on week ends to stay with my kids. It was a ruff loss for my family.

By the way in both cases the drunk driver walked away with almost no injuries.

Rick IL

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Woodland Detectors said:
That is so sad. :'(

It has been over 20 years since these accidents. In both cases the boys had no seat belts on. One (Douglas) was thrown to the floor board with such impact it dislodged his brain, he had almost no apparent injuries. The second boy (Brice) was thrown from the vehicle and was wrapped around a telephone pole.

By the way this was my brothers only child. They latter had another baby boy but he died from crib death. It's very hard what him and his wife live with. I can find no words to ease their pain.

To this day I am a strong advocate of the seat belt law. I have no doubt in my mind Douglas would still be with us today had he been wearing one.

We still visit Doug's grave to take flowers and often shed a tear for our families loss. After all these years I still can hear that boys voice calling me Uncle Richard. We miss him terribly.

Rick IL :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread