Seperate Forum for Legal Stuff?

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, I apologize if this has already been discussed and decided...and second, I have absolutely no intention of diminishing the significance of the many legal challenges faced by the modern gold miner/prospector, nor the hard work being done by those who are advocating for miner's rights.

That said, I have to admit I would personally prefer if there were a separate sub-forum for issues related to ongoing legal battles, ad nauseam interpretations of USFS/BLM/state rules and regulations and discussion of the various groups, such as PLP, that have organized for these purposes.

Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from these real and important issues; however, I feel that these threads have become common enough to warrant their own section. Meanwhile, the "Gold Prospecting" sub-forum could be used for the discussion of more practical prospecting matters without having to wade through half the threads that are related to legal stuff.

Just a thought.

- Matt

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Me too...yes!

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is under Treasure Forum... Treasure Hunting Legal Issues

there are a few in the gold prospecting section, "getting the word out" and updates on issues affecting mining rights and such.
people get wrapped up in an issue because it hits home when their mining claim or roads or rights get taken away.
you can generally know what the thread is about from the Title and if you don't think it effects you then skip over them.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread