Series of three sequential mis cut US $20 bills with bookends

billing

Mar 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased these bills directly from a bank in Canada they are mis cut and were folded while printing so mis printed as well. I have verified with the secret service that they are not forgeries. The serial numbers are sequential, they have never been circulated and all folds are as they arrived at the bank. Note the tabs in upper left corner, and break in seal on second from bottom's. I am wondering if they hold any value to collectors and if so how much. I was offered $600 for them in 2005 but decided to hold onto them... Good idea??? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 204

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !!

Yes, that error note has a long white streak of unprinted paper through it, the result of an inner fold in the sheet before the face side is printed.This kind of note usually has one single white streak--as in your bill; multiple streaking is rare. And, yes, that bill commands a premium. Several years ago a $5 with that same error in NEW condition went for $55.

Bills with an 'extra flap' also are considered error bills, but I'd hesitate to give yours a large premium due to the size of your flaps.
A review of "Completed Transactions" on Ebay may provide you with comparable and current sales.
Good luck,
Don....

OP
OP
B

billing

Mar 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net !!

Yes, that error note has a long white streak of unprinted paper through it, the result of an inner fold in the sheet before the face side is printed.This kind of note usually has one single white streak--as in your bill; multiple streaking is rare. And, yes, that bill commands a premium. Several years ago a $5 with that same error in NEW condition went for $55.

Bills with an 'extra flap' also are considered error bills, but I'd hesitate to give yours a large premium due to the size of your flaps.
A review of "Completed Transactions" on Ebay may provide you with comparable and current sales.
Good luck,
Don....

Thank you Don. I should mention the fold happened after the colour printing, so the gap actually has the eagle on it. Also the ink is smudged. I don't know if that matters. I will take your advice and check Ebay.
Cheers

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread