Serious topic here. Do the KGC maps show where to start looking

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
goverton! If you can find some of stildign's old posts, he had a lot to say about KGC Maps,, check them out, and make up your own mind! Just wash off your shoe and keep going! Peace Bro! td

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Two of the maps are the Copper "wolf" map and the Quince Cerca Cinco map. Neither of these maps are KGC. Just because they are in Brewers book doesn't make them KGC. I've also seen 1880, 1876, and 1874 on maps. We have one map that dates to the 1890's but doesn't have a date on it. Sometimes dates are just that and sometimes not.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
To the orginal poster's question: Do the KGC maps show where to start looking.

Yes they do. They tell you exatly how to find the first marker in the layout. Sometimes they show only the first marker and sometimes they show the first few markers. As for dates, your line of thinking is correct in that they are not really conveying a date which would be meaningless to get back to a treasure but they convey other information. I have not seen a "date" give GPS coordinates.
Big Hoss

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as far as dates

I worked one map and the date related to Minutes and Seconds of compass point. You had to know the position
of the map marker to come to that conclusion.
Of course you had to narrow down to the correct area and then know compass readings off of area to find this
Date so to speak.

I will be testing this out soon in South Texas Site., that gave a Date(Year) and by working out the map
codes, was able to find the exact 6 mile square area and then laying out the map on aerial photo that showed
Longitude and Latitude readings was able to see Minutes and Seconds.Google earth is great for that!

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen copies of Copper Map but not sure what this "Quince Cera Cinco Map" is......

Is this the Map with "Cerca 2 Virst Cinco" on bottom of map and "Find Gun Berrell near creek"?

okietreasurehunter said:
Two of the maps are the Copper "wolf" map and the Quince Cerca Cinco map. Neither of these maps are KGC. Just because they are in Brewers book doesn't make them KGC. I've also seen 1880, 1876, and 1874 on maps. We have one map that dates to the 1890's but doesn't have a date on it. Sometimes dates are just that and sometimes not.

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoss,
If a Grave is on a Map(or Graves), would that be the 1st place to look?

Grave....the last place to look for someone ...so opposite might be true....

Grave....First is last("......dead in Christ will rise first....") 1st T. 4:16
Might be Signs in or around an Old Cemetery.

Hoss KGC said:
To the orginal poster's question: Do the KGC maps show where to start looking.

Yes they do. They tell you exatly how to find the first marker in the layout. Sometimes they show only the first marker and sometimes they show the first few markers. As for dates, your line of thinking is correct in that they are not really conveying a date which would be meaningless to get back to a treasure but they convey other information. I have not seen a "date" give GPS coordinates.
Big Hoss

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems like I remember that that 2 also looked like a"Q" and "V" could be "U"
that could change things also......but at least I know which map you are talking about. :icon_scratch: :read2: :icon_sunny:

okietreasurehunter said:
That's the same map but it doesn't say cerca 2 virst cinco on it, or at least the original map didn't say that.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
goverton said:
Hoss,

Hi Groverton,
I won't pretend to be an exptert on this. I have found signs in and just outside of cemeteries. I have also found what seem to be fake grave stones which I believe are clues. I'm sure I'll take heat for this but lets just say I didn't find any treasure inside of any cemeteries. I personally doubt they would put treasure in a cemetery as I've heard they did only because it greatly reduces the area that you would have to search.
Good luck,
Hoss

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I meant was Signs and not treasure in Cemetery. ::)

Hoss KGC said:
goverton said:
Hoss,

Hi Groverton,
I won't pretend to be an exptert on this. I have found signs in and just outside of cemeteries. I have also found what seem to be fake grave stones which I believe are clues. I'm sure I'll take heat for this but lets just say I didn't find any treasure inside of any cemeteries. I personally doubt they would put treasure in a cemetery as I've heard they did only because it greatly reduces the area that you would have to search.
Good luck,
Hoss

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
If it's a grave on a map there's a good chance that it will be a fake grave. Run your detector over it. Whatever is hidden in it shouldn't be too deep. The trick will be finding the grave itself. If it's covered with rocks make sure to take pictures and note the position of the rocks as they may be the key to finding what you are looking for and the grave will just be empty.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okietreasurehunter said:
If it's a grave on a map there's a good chance that it will be a fake grave. Run your detector over it. Whatever is hidden in it shouldn't be too deep. The trick will be finding the grave itself. If it's covered with rocks make sure to take pictures and note the position of the rocks as they may be the key to finding what you are looking for and the grave will just be empty.
Running my detector over a grave like mound in Missouri...next too three duck symbols. My detector gave an iron reading...the whole length of the grave. I started digging....dug down a couple of feet...and still my signal was not any stronger....bottom line I dug a whole four feet deep...6 feet long before I realized that all of the dirt had been laced with iron particles. I felt like such an idiot....I talked to Hillbilly Bob on the phone....he said that the KGC did this so that they could tell if anyone was searching for what may be hidden nearby...Oh and by the way...I found buried clues that had been hidden as recently as the 1960's....Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread