gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love druzy quartz, (sometimes spelled drusy) which is a micro crystalline quartz that usually grows on an agate base. It takes on the color of the base rock it coats, these pieces are on a whitish agate. These pendants are fairly tough setting projects, especially the bat with all the inside curves. The rain drops on the cloud are freshwater pearls, quarter in photo for size reference. I made one cloud for one sister and a bat for the other, these two are bound for a store. I used sterling for the backs and fine (.999) silver for the bezels.

52A7BEFB-A238-4727-BACA-9C6F06B1DF76.jpeg 1B2CD892-3EF2-4DBB-A73D-A86B01EB0628.jpeg

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice craftsmanship …well made for sure

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. Nice clean work. A good use of druzy. :thumbsup:

Did you cut the stones?

Thanks to all for the compliments! I got the druzy in rough shapes, had to used sintered diamond burs for the final shaping and beveling the edges to take bezel setting. I had never carved with diamond burs before, all my other lapidary work has been with various size diamond wheels which were sufficient to cut clouds but the burs were necessary for the bat.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats they are beautiful !! Nice work gunsil....your a true artist.....would love to learn skills like that !!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent work ! How are you able to solder the jump rings at the top of the pearl drops closed , without cooking the pearls ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread