Settings for hunting 1900 homesite in USA

ChaseJax

Nov 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today we began our hunt on a house built in 1900...
I spent 2 hours digging a location no bigger than 6' x 4' and finished the 2 hours with roughly 15 pennies (1 1924 wheatie) 1 nickel and maybe 5 pieces of trash.

I am hunting with a AT GOLD and I've got my iron discrimination set on the highest without making any of the notches being removed, forget the number but almost to the max. (Think 40). Is this how I should be hunting this area? When I turn discrimination down To around 20 I would probably have another 20 targets I could dig in the area I've already been through.

I feel I'm being thorough and moving slow but curious if my settings are what everyone else would hunt with. (USA, Florida).

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds good to me. I use the Disc 1 setting, sensitivity one notch from max with iron disc at 35 most of the time. This eliminates most nails while still allowing you to find buttons and small white gold. If I'm finding lots of foil or canslaw, then I'll go up all the way to 44. Use headphones to hear it all and go slow. Good luck!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Keep in mind, that as targets get deeper, their ID characteristics lose their accuracy. Some of the silent deep whispers end up being old coins. Dig those barely audible signals. Keep your volume turned up too. Good luck! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

ChaseJax

Nov 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I am digging the strong mid and high signals and leaving the faint ones for now...
I figured I would come back for those but now I'm thinking the fainter ones are going to be the better older ones.

I should probably dig them sooner than later because a construction worker saw me digging and asked about it. Mentioned him and his brother also enjoy the hobby lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions