Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Started the weekend hunting out with a quick one hour hunt as the sunlight was fading. Managed a silver-plated cuff button and a bridle rivet that sounded like a coin.

Saturday I was in Frederick with our granddaughter and had an hour and a half t hunt the woods out back. Mostly shotgun bases out there, nothing Civil War, but I did recover what I thought was a cow bell but later identified as a hunting dog training bell. Here's the link. https://www.lcsupply.com/Northwoods-Long-Range-Bell/productinfo/NLRB/

Got out Sunday with JF to a Baltimore City park and dug a blue glass bottle that likely held Phillips Milk of Magnesia. Bottle maker is the Maryland Glass Corporation and the bottle dates from after 1921. https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/m-within-a-circle-maryland-glass-corporation/

Once we got up to the football field I dug a Canadian cent from 1967 and it commemorates the 100th year of Canada as a federation. The next first for me is a huge coin; I called my hunting buddy over to check out the extraction. Turns out it is a referee's coin-flip coin. https://www.honigs-canada.com/index.cfm?dsp=productdetail&id=23317&productid=3495

On the way home from that home I made a short stop at another rec area and dug a kid's baseball ring. Looks like it's from the 50s or 60s era.
Pics to follow.

IMG_6260.JPG IMG_6261.JPG IMG_6241.JPG IMG_6238.JPG IMG_6240.JPG IMG_6244.JPG IMG_6242.JPG IMG_6243.JPG IMG_6248.JPG IMG_6249.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 16
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice assortment of finds! :occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
Nice finds McCDig. Don't know why but I think that "dog training bell" is NEAT! Thanks for sharing...

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those flip coins really set one's hopes afire, don't they. The way my recent large cent sounded/looked...I'm not certain that, that's what it might've been used for there.

Nice variety!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Eddie. We agreed that the football field has not been detected for a long time considering all the clad we dug. I got 20 quarters.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Washingtonian! I could have easily busted it but it came out intact. Very happy with it.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Whadi! I'd like to find one of those flippin' largies. :)
BTW the referee token did ring up over 90 VDI. What a thrill to see something that big in the hole, even though it is modern.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx vpnavy. Yes, I'll take a bell anyday and they don't come by often. The story on Lion Country Supply is true Americana. Great story.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Professor! The little cuff button says "PLATED" on the back and has that small oakleaf motif. I went back to where I dug the trime and half reale to listen for more signals. That was my first good target of a brief one-hour hunt in the cold, windy dusk of Friday, March 16, 2018; this was on the way home after work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread