FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
;D
VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A high surf advisory is in effect Monday morning off Volusia County. Beach Patrol prepared for the big waves by removing signs and loose items that might get snatched off the sand. It impacts areas from Flagler County through Volusia County.
There are concerns that the rough surf could lead to severe beach erosion. The Volusia County Beach Patrol spent Sunday preparing for the big waves.
Winds are expected to be between 15 and 25 miles-per-hour. Along the beach, the surf had already began to reclaim the land on Sunday evening.
"It just seems like there's less and less beach as time goes on. It'll be really sad to see it all go away," said resident John Ash.
Volusia County has spent millions of dollars replenishing its beaches. The county is still looking into short and long term projects to help save them.
Beach Cameras:
http://www.verobeachcam.com/

http://www.wflx.com/Global/Link.asp?L=57131

Hope this helps those who are not working the next couple of days. Good luck, TH'ing.

Upvote 0

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The beaches are all mine! Mine, you hear!! Actually, work is keeping me away so I can't say much about the condition, but the local paper says there is a noticible cut out there. Tide today was extremely high. I foresee potential!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having hunted these beaches in the past, the main tip I can give ya is to watch for Rip Tides if wading. Mostly you won't be able to stand up in the rough waves. Be careful!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions