Shades of Summer

Northern Lights

Sep 15, 2008
Georgian Bay Lake Huron, 2 hrs N. of Toronto
Detector(s) used
whites surfmaster pulse, tesoro silver sabre, fisher 1280x
These are the leftovers that no one wanted, so I'll take them to an eyeglass place that sends old glasses overseas. End of the season, I take them to our tennis club and let the members pick as many as they want for spare pairs and these are what they left. I usually end up mangling or scratching at least half of the ones I dig, but easy come, easy go. We got a bit of flack from the Provincial Park people a few years ago, until I took in 3 bags full of junk at the end of the season and put it on his desk and said to him " multiply that by at least 15 other hunters and you start to get the idea how clean we keep your beach in the water " he just smiled and said " good luck next year " and now we get a friendly wave when ever they see us out there.

tc

Attachments

• glasses 003.JPG
    glasses 003.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 290
  • glasses 005.JPG
    glasses 005.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good point you made. At areas i hunt that permission has to be gained i always take the trash back and display it to who ever gave me permission, shows them we are providing a valuble service free of charge to them and the public that patronizes them.
Especially helpful for state and local parks and private swim lakes.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I love the pictures, and my wife does as well. I have a collection of shades myself, wonder what to do with them.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another place to donate them is "Lion`s Eye Bank" while more geared toward perscription glasses i am sure they can find a use for them.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i gotta say your shades look better than mine do. I am lucky to get a whole pair once and a while

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread