Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the last moment I decided to do a bit of digging after a trip to the library to pick up seasons 3 and 4 of Night Court. Hit a local park and my second target of the day had me shaking so bad I had to quit for the day. This now adorns my Hunny Bunny's finger. By the way the first target was a quarter!

\
Stone appears to be an emerald but not really up on my gem stones and is surrounded by diamonds....every one there. 14K
Lollapalooza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Found with me old fathful Freedom 3 Plus!

Upvote 28

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As clear as the stone is, looks to me to be peridot. That's a big hunk though and probably a pricey ring. It would have had me shaking too.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i go with peridot too...and why "Night Court" when you can watch "Trailor Park Boys"?!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wav::wav::wav:

Your Hunny Bunny is one lucky gal! Congrats on the nice ring. (I vote for Peridot).

HH,
Anita

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Stone looks to be an Olive quartz or peridot. Have it checked. But still it's a beautiful ring!

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looks to me to be a peridot. Emerald is much darker and richer green. There are other stones this could be as well. A jeweler could do a refractive index test easily without doing damage to the stone or the setting. Whatever it is, it is a very nice find. Congratulations! :sunny:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply beautiful! Lovely ring!

You can stop shaking though, now that she's claimed it, you'll never get it again. ;)

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lord tunderin me son, tat ring is right some nice, she's a ting of beauty fur sure.
I tink yer wifey should go straight to the galley and cook ye up a big mess of cad fish fur tat ring right dare, and a good slug of screech to wash her all down wit.

Happy days me bouy,
ZDD

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you got some brownie points saved up on that finger bling, congrats on the find Leslie.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remove the rocks and you probably have 5 grams of 14K gold - Melt value = $ 124.40 American dollars.

might want to check your math.
Who would scrap that ?

Nice one for sure.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really believe you should have it checked out. The large stone appears to be Alexandrite. If it is natural Alexandrite, it would be worth
a small fortune.
Also, it would look great in the banners.

Added info; Alexandrite from the Ural Mountains in Russia is green by daylight and red by incandescent light. Other varieties of alexandrite may be yellowish or pink in daylight and a columbine or raspberry red by incandescent light.

Last edited:

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous ring. I think Alexandrite too but I'm no expert. Good job

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one sweet ring !

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring, Leslie. Between you, mud and senda, I'm getting discombobulated. Hope to hit the river this weekend and find something nice. Trying to get in contact with a local who lost his wedding ring and recover it for him and his family. That would feel almost as good as finding a beautiful ring like that. Almost.....Glad Hunny Bunny likes it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread