shallow water video on youtube new version up now

Alan Hassell

Jun 13, 2010
Detector(s) used
pulse star 2, impulse, spectrum. goldscan, PI 3000
For those who had a peep at the video i put on youtube I have had someone look at the sound track its now fine and you can have a look at whats there now.

goto youtube and search for shallow water metal detecting secrets by alan hassell

enjoy good luck

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ji0ghpsId0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ji0ghpsId0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: shallow water video on youtube just gone up

Thanks for telling us. HeHeHe

OP
OP
A

Alan Hassell

Jun 13, 2010
Detector(s) used

opps i was expecting the url to appear... Ok log onto youtube.com and do a search for shallow water metal detecting secrets by alan hassell ..... sorry guys the link didnt appear hope this helps instead

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II

Would have been good if the audio was cleaned up, but as distorted as it is, it will blow your speakers or ears before
the end. Maybe make a new one with a digital cam, sure will sound better. :icon_scratch:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Wow, if you were detecting the water in 1981? Must have been lots of loot, I've heard stories from old timers telling how they could go out, hunt for 8 hours, and bring home 20 rings..and as time pasted, more, and more hunters came along...Now there lucky to bring home one a day. What detector were you using back then? I had a White's Treasure Master 1000 in 1989, used it one summer in the water..what a beast, head phones and all...drove me to land detecting. Until I got a excal...now life is good.............. IT Just hit me, It must have taken alot of resources to make a movie back then, editing, and composing a feature with no Pc's...Amazing........Thanks for sharing...............joe

OP
OP
A

Alan Hassell

Jun 13, 2010
Detector(s) used

OldeBeechnut said:
Wow, if you were detecting the water in 1981? Must have been lots of loot, I've heard stories from old timers telling how they could go out, hunt for 8 hours, and bring home 20 rings..and as time pasted, more, and more hunters came along...Now there lucky to bring home one a day.

IT Just hit me, It must have taken alot of resources to make a movie back then, editing, and composing a feature with no Pc's...Amazing........Thanks for sharing...............joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your comment, and you are right about making a video in those days with all the equipment needed like mixers and editing tools. Everything was done on video recorders unlike todays digi cams, computers and programs that are essential to make a movie.
The young un's of today have got it easy compared to what it was like years ago.

I did warn everyone about the crappy copy the of the video and the horrible sound. I was considering making a new sound track but dont feel up to it these days. The original was loaned to a metal detecting club, forget which one and the sound was good on the original but someone decided to souveneer it as said it had been returned.

Over the years it was forgotten about until someone contacted me about it. It appears the guy who nicked it was making copies and selling them. Thats how I managed to get a copy of my own film. Copyright protection on video's in those days was expensive so I never bothered.

As the quality is so bad I wont be putting any further files up regarding this movie and will ask for it to be deleted from youtube at the end of the month.

To answer your question re what detector I used initially it was a Garret ADS master hunter which I later put into a piece of plastic tubing and had special seals made for the cables expensive but what the hell if your determined to do something to get into the water.

Theres an article here, shallow water metal detecting who dares wins which will tell you more. I closed my detecting website down but will put some of my material on here for members to enjoy and learn from.

Yes, the old days were good but too many were hunting the goldfields and it took a long time before water detecting took off in Australia but I persisited and eventually the hobby grew. I always recommended P.I.'s which had the depth needed but you had to dig a lot of junk too.

Minelab bought out the excalibur which was only a sovereign in a very dubious case with 14 seals which was a leaker. It also didnt have the depth as a good PI. But people love discriminating detectors and love to walk over targets they cannot hear lol.

I really think the PI will make a come back once people start using them again now targets are harder to find and wont mind digging the junk in order to get to the rings which lie on top of black magnetic sands usually.

nice making contact with one of the old timers good luck enjoy and happy hunting. :hello2:

OP
OP
A

Alan Hassell

Jun 13, 2010
Detector(s) used

SYKO said:
Would have been good if the audio was cleaned up, but as distorted as it is, it will blow your speakers or ears before
the end. Maybe make a new one with a digital cam, sure will sound better. :icon_scratch:

a new version has been uploaded and the sounds good now enjoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread