Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In no particular order it's been a good 2 weeks for us here on the ridge top in rural Middle TN.

1. My T-net buddy Frank from east TN. (Huntsman53) was here for about 10-12 days. We built him a custom toy box to take home for a grandson and he helped me get my old 2000 Honda Foreman ATV going again. He helped me clean up the shop and laughed everyday ragging on each other and others. We ate good, talked and watched movies at night. He's a great guy and friend. We even MD'ed a little and as usual found many buried horseshoes on my old road. BUT.... Frank did find an old lighter from 1755 deep in the woods (my story) :laughing7:

2. I have my 17 y/o grandson living here now with me and he's learning a lot about building these toy boxes. We bought a game camera and have had a BLAST setting it up and recording wildlife. We've filmed coyotes, vultures, opossums, raccoons and a red tailed hawk hanging upside on the hung meat bait! And... we ordered a "fishing magnet" with a 400lb rating to have some fun with... stay tuned on this story...?

3. I went to the scheduled Rotary Club breakfast to received there $500.00 donation to me to build donated toy boxes on Wed. The wife and I stood up front with about 100 folks watching with us holding a HUGE cardboard check. I was asked to speak for 3-5 minutes and I did but it was difficult for me. After the breakfast and meeting a gentleman approached me. He was an owner of a Toyota dealership. He said their dealership wanted to match the clubs donation to me!!!!!!!!! I couldn't hardly believe it. Then an elderly lady gave me $20.00 to help also. It all was really just to much and I felt so awkward. I NEVER dreamed that donating a few toy boxes would turn into something this big.

4. I've had 6 grand-kids over the last 2 days and we've built wooden swords, knives and ax's. They've all swam in the pool and driven the ATV (thanks Frank) all over this ridge top.

I just thought I'd share a few happening here as I don't post as often as I used to. The Rotary Pres. says he'd like to discuss expanding the toy box donation program to needy families with me again soon. It's all good....

Brad

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss the Ohio River as it was just like your Tn. Not sure how I found myself here, but love it here in the desert too.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a very active couple of weeks......of family and friends. You are at the top of your game, Congrats!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like your living the dream. Glad to hear you got noticed for your home build donated toy boxes. That is awesome, Kudos to you. :notworthy: I know you aren't in it for the notoriety, I am super glad for you. There are great people here on Tnet, andyou are one of them. Glad you hang with some, I have yet to meet one I dislike. A group of us (6 members) stay in touch with a group text. I also communicate with many others here via PM. Ya'll are my extended family.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like your living the dream. Glad to hear you got noticed for your home build donated toy boxes. That is awesome, Kudos to you. :notworthy: I know you aren't in it for the notoriety, I am super glad for you. There are great people here on Tnet, andyou are one of them. Glad you hang with some, I have yet to meet one I dislike. A group of us (6 members) stay in touch with a group text. I also communicate with many others here via PM. Ya'll are my extended family.

Digger.... I'm glad to hear you have made some great friends also from T-net. You obviously know the background on the donated boxes. My wife and I NEVER expected this type of support or outpouring of help for "me" to continue it. Never in my dreams, ever!!!!!

As far as the grandkids.... yep, today we're living the "dream". Wife still struggles daily with her 90% back fusion but we still cover each other's butts as we can. I know there's many others here who are blessed also.... enjoy today because it can all change tomorrow.... Brad

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome brad, glad you got to hang out with huntsman frank and enjoy the grand kids. Did you ever figure out the best finish for those boxes and easiest way to apply it? I dont know if I have laughed in years, like I did the other day at your post in the injury thread. Best wishes
Bart and family

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds great Brad! Nothing in the world like good company.

If I ever get the roof fixed on my second house, moving my cousin in there when we get the leaks stopped. You're not that far away. I do plan to do more traveling this year, and will have to head back to my kids in Michigan next week for a few days. So, sometime soon (like sometime ever get's here?). Keep the faith my friend!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awsome brad, glad you got to hang out with huntsman frank and enjoy the grand kids. Did you ever figure out the best finish for those boxes and easiest way to apply it? I dont know if I have laughed in years, like I did the other day at your post in the injury thread. Best wishes
Bart and family

1. Well Mr. Bart.... I'm glad ya got a chuckle out of my "personal" childhood injury. To this day I'm very careful and skilled at this now (quick learner).
2. As far as finishes it seems a hand applied oil based poly wins and then some 0000 steel wool, air hose and wet rag. Tried spraying a water based poly but it raises the grain badly! The hand applied finish just bottlenecks the process of production.

When Huntsman53 (Frank) was here he helped me poly the 10 boxes for this years donation to the Franklin PD & Rotary. It took about 6+ hours over 2 days. At least I had help and we solved a lot of the worlds problems!

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a very kind person for the things you do,the joy you bring to others.showing kindness toward other's is something we all need to practice.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The support for your boxes is understood. People with their hearts in the right place.

Ridge runner with a 400 lb. Capacity magnet for fishing......this could get interesting , ( or sticky :laughing7:).

Reads like you all are keepin the dust stirred up.
A good thing.

Did you frisk Frank for gold horseshoes before he left?

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The support for your boxes is understood. People with their hearts in the right place.

Ridge runner with a 400 lb. Capacity magnet for fishing......this could get interesting , ( or sticky :laughing7:).

Reads like you all are keepin the dust stirred up.
A good thing.

Did you frisk Frank for gold horseshoes before he left?

Well funny you should mention this.... He got a great signal and I asked if he needed any help...? He said "NOPE"! But the next sound I heard was his truck starting up and him heading East. GA boy already stole one anyway.

But he did leave his CTX 3030 Minelab here so maybe I can make up for it soon...????????????

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very happy to read this Brad. Your kindness deserves this outpouring of love and support!
Stay cool my friend!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very happy to read this Brad. Your kindness deserves this outpouring of love and support!
Stay cool my friend!

Thank you.... But there's many folks on this site who have huge hearts and have done things to help others also. I'm just a small fish in a big pond. But I totally do appreciate those who stepped up in the Franklin community to continue this effort. AND TO ALL OF MY T-NET FRIENDS WHO OFFERED.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread