Shark Tooth Hunting in Florida Again

PaleoCris

Apr 8, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Vibra-Tector 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got out for another fossil hunting trip looking for shark teeth on dirt roads here in Florida. It was a HOT day, but thankfully, a storm moved in and cooled it off a bit. We found a mostly complete juvenile megalodon tooth, a great white shark tooth, a ton of whale bone, shells, etc.

Here's the vid, for those who are interested:

And for those of you who don't want to watch a video, here's some snaps taken from the vid:

vlcsnap-2018-06-11-16h42m14s077.png
A little lower front great white shark tooth.

vlcsnap-2018-06-11-16h42m34s777.png
Calcite crystals growing inside of an echinoid (sea urchin) fossil.

vlcsnap-2018-06-11-16h43m13s025.png
Some of the shark teeth from the end of the day...Mostly broken, but still a blast to find.

Prehistoric treasure hunting...I love it. :D

-PaleoCris

Upvote 13

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds. We are taking a trip to the bay in Maryland this summer to look for sharks teeth. Hopefully it will be successful.

OP
OP
PaleoCris

PaleoCris

Apr 8, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Congrats
Thanks!

Awesome finds. We are taking a trip to the bay in Maryland this summer to look for sharks teeth. Hopefully it will be successful.
Thanks RiverRat3! Calvert Cliffs is a great place for shark teeth. I see people posting beautiful Miocene fossils from there all the time.

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks!

Thanks RiverRat3! Calvert Cliffs is a great place for shark teeth. I see people posting beautiful Miocene fossils from there all the time.

That’s where we are going. As a kid I went there numerous times to find fossils for my science fair project. Now I’m taking my kids.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the cool finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
PaleoCris

PaleoCris

Apr 8, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s where we are going. As a kid I went there numerous times to find fossils for my science fair project. Now I’m taking my kids.
That's great, RiverRat3! It was my parents taking me looking for stuff that instilled a lifelong passion for it, and through the pursuit of fossils, I've gained an even deeper appreciation for nature and science.

Congratualtions on the cool finds! :occasion14:
Thanks again Professor!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread