Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
makes you want to go jump in the water does it?

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can hardly wait...have watched all the previous shark weeks, and expect to be in front of the tube all next week.....Gary

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I watched that 'shark of darkness' show last night, and I have to say it pushed the bounds of credibility. I understand that they need to create sensational shows to attract viewers, but I would much rather watch a scientific research type show on sharks. They should do a show about the OCEARCH shark tracking operation. I know some of the local radio stations here were actually doing "Katharine" location reports when she was in our waters earlier this year.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if even half of what was said about "Submaraine" was true... good God!

Batholith

Greenie
Feb 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly these sensationalist "fake documentaries" are becoming common on Discovery. There was one last year about the Megalodon (The Monster Shark That Lives!) that suggested prehistoric sharks were still swimming around. "Shark of Darkness" even looked legit initially but it didn't take long to realize we were actually seeing the Blair Witch Project with sharks and even worse acting. No wonder our kids are getting dumber and falling behind every other first world country in math and science- formerly legit operations like Discovery are happy to blur the line between science and fiction for ratings and very few people seem to realize how dangerous that is. Won't be long before we really do wake up in a real-life idiocracy. Remember when we used to revere intelligence, science, and the truth? Back when we were the greatest nation on earth with the greatest universities and greatest economy and we did things like GO TO THE MOON?

Sorry for the rant... just happen to love my country and I'm really sad we've gone from Carl Sagan to Duck Idiot Dynasty and Dark Fake Shark of Pseudoscience Stupidity in my lifetime :)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sadly these sensationalist "fake documentaries" are becoming common on Discovery. There was one last year about the Megalodon (The Monster Shark That Lives!) that suggested prehistoric sharks were still swimming around. "Shark of Darkness" even looked legit initially but it didn't take long to realize we were actually seeing the Blair Witch Project with sharks and even worse acting. No wonder our kids are getting dumber and falling behind every other first world country in math and science- formerly legit operations like Discovery are happy to blur the line between science and fiction for ratings and very few people seem to realize how dangerous that is. Won't be long before we really do wake up in a real-life idiocracy.

Sorry for the rant... just happen to love my country and I'm really sad we've gone from Carl Sagan to Duck Idiot Dynasty and Dark Fake Shark of Pseudoscience Stupidity in my lifetime :)
.. Well i quit watching reality shows a ways back … And now do not watch these documentaries now ,,And on that Duck Dynasty ..I am proud to say i never watched any of there shows.. And i did read about the Duck D. that they are not what you see on TV they are really country club people...

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sadly these sensationalist "fake documentaries" are becoming common on Discovery. There was one last year about the Megalodon (The Monster Shark That Lives!) that suggested prehistoric sharks were still swimming around. "Shark of Darkness" even looked legit initially but it didn't take long to realize we were actually seeing the Blair Witch Project with sharks and even worse acting. No wonder our kids are getting dumber and falling behind every other first world country in math and science- formerly legit operations like Discovery are happy to blur the line between science and fiction for ratings and very few people seem to realize how dangerous that is. Won't be long before we really do wake up in a real-life idiocracy. Remember when we used to revere intelligence, science, and the truth? Back when we were the greatest nation on earth with the greatest universities and greatest economy and we did things like GO TO THE MOON?

I love Duck Dynasty. Its my favorite show. But I know what to expect when I turn it on. What I don't like is turning on a show expecting to see a documentary and instead getting "Sharknado".

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess Duck Dynasty would make a good and stupid kid's show … I see grown men wearing Duck D. T shirts now they really look stupid ..

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is that Keppy, A pileated Woodpecker with a cigar? Just wondering........

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I guess Duck Dynasty would make a good and stupid kid's show … I see grown men wearing Duck D. T shirts now they really look stupid ..

I wear several different Duck Dynasty t-shirts, and always get positive comments. Guess its a southern thing.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Carl Sagan was the best...end of story

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What is that Keppy, A pileated Woodpecker with a cigar? Just wondering........
That woodpecker is called Mr Horsepower .. It is the logo for Clay Smith racing cams…… hpc-m65-3x_us_xl.jpg

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Stupid looking t-shirt. I like my Duck Dynasty t-shirts better.
OH OH , You just think you do .. I do not wear mr horsepower t either ..The only logo t shirt wear is work shirts that says on it ..CARHARTT .. And a AT Pro cap..

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't worry what tshirt I wear- just be happy I wear one!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, most of my t-shirts are patriotic in nature......

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
big surprise there!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread