"She Who Can Do NO Wrong" says I have $500.00 Budget!

S

SR25MK4

"She Who Can Do NO Wrong" says I have $500.00 Budget!

Newbee asks: Which White's (?) to buy???

My 'primary financial adviser' (AKA: She Who Can Do No Wrong) insists I have a $500 budget for detector and accessories. Ok, so I'm thinking of buying a White's (?).
Within that range I've decided on the 'Classic 5ID' & lots of accessories or the M6 Matrix & damn few accessories.
Soooo ... Which detector should I deplete my budget on?

Any other ideas / opinions?

Thanks!

UPDATE:"borninok",You had the right idea. Big changes. I said to hell with the budget - X'd the 'financial adviser' - and got a White's DFX! Lot to learn about this machine BUT...First time out I dug a 1964 Kennedy SILVER Half Dollar...in my own back yard!!!

Attachments

• KennedyHalfDollarSmall.jpg
    KennedyHalfDollarSmall.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Re: "She Who Can Do NO Wrong" says I have $500.00 Budget!

SR25MK4 said:

My 'primary financial adviser' (AKA: She Who Can Do No Wrong) insists I have a $500 budget for detector and accessories. Ok, so I'm thinking of buying a White's (?).
Within that range I've decided on the 'Classic 5ID' & lots of accessories or the M6 Matrix & damn few accessories.

Thanks!

The M6 !!!! It is a coin magnet ;D ;D

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

How about getting a new "She Who Can Do No Wrong"?? ;D

Oh, that wasn't one of the choices??? ;D ;D

Hmmmm.....or, how about getting a DFX and promise her that she can have the diamond ring that you are going to find. ;D ;D ;D

By the way, my wife is a banker.............think how hard I had to grovel to get my DFX....WOW
--Mel

borninok

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well the great thing about a budget is that is for a period of time so get the best detector now, and add the accessories later as your budget allows.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How about getting a new "She Who Can Do No Wrong"??
I like this thought.

There are many good detectors to choose from in that price range from other major brands. You don't need the accessories the mail order company throws in for the price, it's mostly junk many would agree. A screw driver, cheap knife for cutting sod, nail apron for finds and trash. You can add more later after you've done it awhile an learned what would be nice to have. A new, "She Who Wants You To Detect" would be nice. LOL.

HH,
Sandman

D

Danielmc

SR25MK4 said:

Thanks!

Buy Tesoro :) TID's are overrated :P

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

DFX would be the whites detector of chioce. Take it to the beach find a few rings and it will be paid for. If you plan to use it only for land no beach or salt areas the MXT or M6 would do fine.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Investigate the DeLeon by Tesoro (479 from dealer,lifetime warranty)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Like a few others I've tried most brands and many models. To date nothing finds treasure on land like a Tesoro.

My best year in 40 years of hunting happened when I purchased a new DeLeon in the spring of 2006. I sold it for a super deep machine and my finds dropped off drastically. Now I'm back with the Tejon and almost every hunt produces something good and good things are very difficult to find in my area.

Buy a Tesoro Tejon, learn it, use it, and your good finds will double or tripple. That's a fact!

Badger

D

Danielmc

Michigan Badger said:
Like a few others I've tried most brands and many models. To date nothing finds treasure on land like a Tesoro.

My best year in 40 years of hunting happened when I purchased a new DeLeon in the spring of 2006. I sold it for a super deep machine and my finds dropped off drastically. Now I'm back with the Tejon and almost every hunt produces something good and good things are very difficult to find in my area.

Buy a Tesoro Tejon, learn it, use it, and your good finds will double or tripple. That's a fact!

Badger

Believe the badger! Detect with the badger!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

All of the info here is super!

But in my humble opinion the Tesoro Tejon as the "Badger" says is as good an investment as a beginner can make.

OD

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2

Do yourself a favor. Spend another $100 and get a Tesoro Tejon. I have been detecting for 35 years and have been using the Tejon for 1 1/2 years and it is an amazing detector. Very deep and very sensitive. I can find a small piece of buckshot and my friend's White's does not even get a hit. Have been finding minnie balls at 10 to 12 inches and that is the truth.

I have used Relco; Whites; Fisher; Garrett; King Cobra; Minelab; Teknetics; just to name a few and the Tejon is as good or better than all of the above named detectors.

I bought the Tejon when my Minelab Explorer went bad. I hunted my relic fields with the Tejon and then late last summer got a Minelab Explorer II. The Explorer II found nothing, because the Tesoro found everything.

Do a little research and you will find many people who swear by the Tejon. A few months back there was a TV show on metal detecting a civil war site. The main person, and the person who put on the event were using a Tesoro Tejon.

Easy to learn, easy to use, very deep.

You won't be sorry

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

for that price range a m-6 would be a little more but a much better machine, the tesoros also a great choice, i think i would go with the minelab xterra 50, Ive ran the xt 70 nice machine going to pick up a 50 for a backup to my T-2 and for my son to use, don't get me wrong Ive had mostly whites in the past, there tough. but that machine does not have a decent selection of coils, no small coils, no ground balance. spend some time reading the forums and good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread