SHELL SHOCKED!

harpp

Jul 20, 2006
san jose ca.
Detector(s) used
WHITES CLASSIC 3/ WHITES M 6
went to a place called wrights station today... a train used to go thru the mountains back in the day... the tunnels opened up in the 1880's & were sealed up in the 1940's... i think we may get some poison oak :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: ... ive found some coins there before but this time it was all brass... 55 shells... the other stuff in the pics are just misc. finds...

thanks for coming by & HH - matt

Attachments

• 13rs.JPG
    13rs.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 14rs.JPG
    14rs.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 17rs.JPG
    17rs.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,041
  • 19rs.JPG
    19rs.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 21rs.JPG
    21rs.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 03rs.JPG
    03rs.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 06rs.JPG
    06rs.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 29rs.JPG
    29rs.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 32 rs.JPG
    32 rs.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,032
Upvote 0

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking the time to share all the pics, I must say that is the absolute coolest work shop thing I have ever seen in my life you guys rock. gl

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
I think brass is scrapped by the pound right I know copper is you have some value there.

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
That cap bomb is awesome. I used to have one. They would never let kids play with something like that today. Nice finds.

-Fathead

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool post. I remember those cap bombs. Those were the good ole days :headbang:

OP
OP
harpp

harpp

Jul 20, 2006
san jose ca.
Detector(s) used
WHITES CLASSIC 3/ WHITES M 6
Ray S ECenFL said:
Was all that dug on one hunt or was it several trips.

Man, you must be tired.... ::)
just the bullet shells you see there were dug in about a two hour period... the rest of the junk is from other hunts all over the place...

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Nice finds. I had cap bombs also. There used to be two different kinds. The one pictured here you tossed in the air after loading it with caps (if your old enough to know what caps are then you know what I mean) and let it hit the pavement with a loud bang.

The second kind would work just about the same except when it hit the pavement the force of the caps would send the top portion air borne again and we'd watch it float back to earth. The more caps you put in it, the higher it would be blasted. Ahhh, those were the good old days when kids had fun with caps and cap guns.

I also remember buying a box of caps (5 rolls to a box). Taking out one roll, and squeezing it as flat as I could. I'd then place in on the pavement with a brick or other flat stone on top of it. Using another heaver rock/stone I'd hold it up as high as I could and drop it on the other stone to get a tremendously loud bang. What fun we used to have, and we didn't have to wait until the 4th of July to do it either. We used to do it all summer long.

Try using one today and you'd probably get arrested for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread