Sheperdstown

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much here, but it came from Boteler's Ford, where Lee recrossed river after Antietam. Found on Va. side. Not sure on age of knife,and brass item I think is part of sword hanger.Picture is Henry Douglas's headstone at Elmwood Cemetary in Sheperdstown less than two miles from ford. To me the value is the location they were recovered.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 101
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    818.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Joe and thanks for sharing the photo of the headstone, you know how I feel about "Old Jack"... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

"D"

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much here, but it came from Boteler's Ford, where Lee recrossed river after Antietam. Found on Va. side. Not sure on age of knife,and brass item I think is part of sword hanger.Picture is Henry Douglas's headstone at Elmwood Cemetary in Sheperdstown less than two miles from ford. To me the value is the location they were recovered.

Very cool.
You know I could not agree with you more about ' Location' found.

A great honorable display.
Davers

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You haven’t hunted there recently have you? It’s protected now. You didn’t find much cuz I cleaned that place out when it was privately owned. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread