Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shermans" March to the sea" info. needed

I am going to Georgia(detecting vacation) in early Sept. and have been looking for leads on places to detect for CW relics.My Aunt owns some property in Effingham county between Springfield and Guyton.I see that the route taken by Shermans men on his "March to the sea"was split into 2 a left wing commanded by Henry Slocum and a right wing commanded by O.O.Howard.Anyway the maps of this "March" i've looked at on the net appear to be in the direct line of my aunts property.I know they followed the r.r.tracks to some extent between Atlanta and Savannah.I know my aunt has some old r.r.tracks on her property.I guess what i'm looking for is a more detailed map of the end portion of this "March to the sea".Also maybe some r.r.line maps that were in use during the civil war.Also, her property is not far at all from the Ogeechee river where several skirmishes took place I believe.I appreciate any help that can be given.Anyone from that area want to meet up in Sept.?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Shermans" March to the sea" info. needed

Thanks Jeff Davis,the map on that link is a little better than the others i've looked at.
Captain Z-yes I do too! Been saving clad for 4 years now,some dug,most not.Guess how i'm paying for my vacation this year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread