Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Shine on you crazy clad proof

FFD I read a thread here where someone said they sold a 12 sheet of proof halves for 40-45 bucks at a local auction house, might be worth a try with the auction hunter "reality" shows going on now, I know I am going to try when i get 2 or 3 sheets. 6 bucks plus the sheets and the cardboard holders to make them look special and pretty less the auctioneers cut of 10-15% anything to add to an make the CRH bankroll bigger is a plus.

mfleming98

Greenie
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a stupid noob question: Are all proofs silver or clad or are there some that are silver and others that aren't? Can't find a definitive answer in the interwebs

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100

Dont #2 look pretty? like my 1987 S a few weeks ago. He was an ender too. Nice find.

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mfleming98 said:
I have a stupid noob question: Are all proofs silver or clad or are there some that are silver and others that aren't? Can't find a definitive answer in the interwebs

Some (most) proofs are clad, while some are silver. Looking at the edge is the best way to find out which they are; you can also weigh them.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love proof Enders. Usually a sign of a good box for me. I usually keep them unless they are really ugly. Sometimes you can unload them on feEbay for a small profit.

HH
BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread