Shiny Silver

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
By all means, if it makes you happy, then go for it. Just be sure that it is truly junk silver. Your junk silver will sell the same whether it is dull or shiny. But don't think that shining up a coin will improve it's numismatic value.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know...i have cleaned a few that were really bad, and not just from the Patina, but stains that couldnt be removed....but for the most part, I do try and keep them the way i find them...I do have a few rolls of halves that i cleaned up that way...and its pretty damn cool how they get that mirror finish

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just me ? Every silver coin I find gets dropped in Tarn-X for 3 or 4 minutes to make them nice and shiny again, does anyone else care what their silver looks like or am I the odd man out?

facepalm.jpg

OP
OP
silvershooter

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny big scores, guess I have OCD need things to look good. Lol

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion it takes away all the character.. Shiny coins are boring... I want mine with some wear from the "good ol days."

OP
OP
silvershooter

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialCravings said:
In my opinion it takes away all the character.. Shiny coins are boring... I want mine with some wear from the "good ol days."

Well put, never thought of that. Now I feel like I've washed away some history.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I care about what my silver looks like, I just prefer natural. I actually gave away 4 Barbers that looked like they were put to the buffing wheel. I thought they were hideous. Granted silver was cheap then...

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I care about what my silver looks like, I just prefer natural. I actually gave away 4 Barbers that looked like they were put to the buffing wheel. I thought they were hideous. Granted silver was cheap then...

I cleaned up my only Barber (it had hideous toning) but then traded it, as it looked out of place in my collection.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm like you SS, I like my silver as shiny as possible, but I leave them in the condition that I've found them. Not that I haven't done a dip or two in the past. When I've sold 40%'ers, the dipped coins were always chosen first (ooooooooo - shiny!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread