shipwreck magazine/journal by Dr Lee spence

diverdown

Tenderfoot
Feb 29, 2008
looking for some info on the journal that Dr lee Spence had put out called ShipWrecks I have one volume one. number three.how many journals were put out and does anyone know were I could find the rest.book collector etc. I know he owns a commercial diving school over on the east coast, as I sold him some Kirby Morgan diving manuals last year, but did not put 2 and 2 together until last night when I pulled the shipwreck magazine off my shelf and was reading it again, tried to find his e-mail but in my files somewhere. any help would be great. diverdown!

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe there were supposed to be 4 journals. That's what I paid for anyway. I received three of them. I don't think the 4th one ever got published.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

diverdown

Tenderfoot
Feb 29, 2008
does anyone know were I can buy the other two, or will buy all three. thanks diverdown

ShipwrecksGuru

Greenie
Jan 14, 2005
Columbia, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs, White's, MineLab, Garrett, AquaScan, etc.
This is a very old thread, but not being a regular user of this site, I am only just now seeing it. And, since this is a public forum, I figured I should go ahead and respond. I sincerely apologize to anyone who paid for and never received the fourth issue of their subscription to ShipWrecks™ magazine. Subscriptions were $20 for four issues and, when things went wrong, I immediately contacted everyone on the mailing list and offered them a choice of options (money or a map). As usual with bulk mailings, a fair number (possibly 50 out of several thousand) came back as undeliverable. Most of those who responded were real nice. Almost all elected to take one of my shipwreck maps, which then retailed for $10, in lieu of the other option which was a $5.00 refund. Since I was folding them instead of using a mailing tube, and there was little additional real cost, as long as I had them in stock, I usually mailed them two different maps, along with my heart felt apology. I no longer have maps to send, and the magazine publishing company is long out of business, but if there are any subscribers, who didn't get either a map or a $5 refund, please email your address to [email protected] and I will send the $5.00. You don't need a receipt, your word is good enough.
Dive safe,
Lee

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
This is a very old thread, but not being a regular user of this site, I am only just now seeing it. And, since this is a public forum, I figured I should go ahead and respond. I sincerely apologize to anyone who paid for and never received the fourth issue of their subscription to ShipWrecks™ magazine. Subscriptions were $20 for four issues and, when things went wrong, I immediately contacted everyone on the mailing list and offered them a choice of options (money or a map). As usual with bulk mailings, a fair number (possibly 50 out of several thousand) came back as undeliverable. Most of those who responded were real nice. Almost all elected to take one of my shipwreck maps, which then retailed for $10, in lieu of the other option which was a $5.00 refund. Since I was folding them instead of using a mailing tube, and there was little additional real cost, as long as I had them in stock, I usually mailed them two different maps, along with my heart felt apology. I no longer have maps to send, and the magazine publishing company is long out of business, but if there are any subscribers, who didn't get either a map or a $5 refund, please email your address to [email protected] and I will send the $5.00. You don't need a receipt, your word is good enough.
Dive safe,
Lee

Although I don't have a dog in this fight, I find it very commendable of you! I sincerely hope you could find a way to make it down to Florida for our Annual Treasure Hunter's cookout!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Lee,
I'm one of the earlier posters on this thread (almost 5 years to the day !!). At the time, I accepted your apology and reasons why a 4th issue would not be forthcoming. Today, I, too, as "aquanut" mentioned above, acknowledge your commendable forthcoming of a public apology. Best of luck to you and your crew in your current endeavor.
Don MacKay
R/V Explorer
Capitana (1654)

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
diverdown, I actually have all 3 volume 1 number 1, volume 1 number 2, and volume 1 number 3. I am not really looking to sell them but I might loan them as long as I get them back in the same condition you get them in within say 2 months. it would be nice if someone here could vouch for you.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dr. Spence,
Is there any chance of those 3 issues being published and sold in an electronic format?
I, for one, would be interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread