Shipwrecks off Washington Oaks, St Johns Co. Fl ?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago i went to the cape national seashore here in florida with my metal detector.I worked the beach for well over 5 hours till a park ranger asked me what i was doing.I told him that i lost my rolex sub mariner the week before and i was looking for it.The ranger asked if i had found anything,so i showed him a pile of metal trash that i had in a bag.(of course i didnt show him all the modern coins i had in my pockets)He told me that metal detecting wasnt allowed here.But he said that i could sift the sand all i wanted with my metal scoop.So i put my detector back in my truck and went sand sifting for the rest of the day.I found more coins with the scoop!

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

If I go to the beach front with a small shovel and a metal screen (I have both) can I legally dig the beach?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy,

The only way to find out is to go and do it.The worst they can do is tell you to leave or stop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread