Shock collars/Metal detectors?!?

B

BiggusDiggus

Out detecting a friends yard yesterday while his dog was hanging around outside also. They have an invisible fence system around the perimeter of their yard so the dog wears a shock collar while outside. While I was digging a plug with the detector laying next to me, the dog wondered over to see what I was up to, and as she passed by the coil I heard a strange tone coming from the collar and she reared up and took off....wasn't aware MD could set off the collars, so wondering if this is common MD knowledge, or just a freak occurrence. Either way hoping to warn others for their own safety and the dogs.

Upvote 0

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe the invisible fence set it off and her being near your coil was just a coincidence.

OP
OP
B

BiggusDiggus

No, I thought about that already, I was in the center of the yard when it happened, the fence is only around the perimeter of the property.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The perimeter fence is just a radio antenna that emits a signal. If the dog gets too close, the collar activates and shocks the dog. I'm sure there is a lot of RF being generated when the collar emits a shock.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if that would just work with pesky kids, I'd pass out a bunch of those collars for free! :laughing7:

OP
OP
B

BiggusDiggus

Ha! Yeah I want a button for that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread