KRILL

Greenie
Aug 6, 2014
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need some recommendations for shoes for detecting in the surf? I have been using a pair of teva sandles that worked ok but are coming apart. There is lots of gravel and pieces of shell in the water so they need to be open to keep from tearing your feet up.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I need some recommendations for shoes for detecting in the surf? I have been using a pair of teva sandles that worked ok but are coming apart. There is lots of gravel and pieces of shell in the water so they need to be open to keep from tearing your feet up.

I just went through this same question. I know you are looking for open but these bass pro dive boots are awesome and keep all of the sand out: World Wide Sportsman Flats Boots for Men | Bass Pro Shops

I was using crocs and they would annoy me because the rubber would give me blisters because i was in and out of the water so much. These just keep the sand out all together so its pretty easy. If you want open I would just get crocs.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use dive boots because any other type water shoe or whatever will give me blisters after a while if hunting in surf.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased some water shoes from REI. They have many various styles to pick from. I use mine to run around the creeks, rivers & lakes and they work really well.

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went through this same question. I know you are looking for open but these bass pro dive boots are awesome and keep all of the sand out: World Wide Sportsman Flats Boots for Men | Bass Pro Shops

I was using crocs and they would annoy me because the rubber would give me blisters because i was in and out of the water so much. These just keep the sand out all together so its pretty easy. If you want open I would just get crocs.

Second. I have a pair of those, and I use them metal detecting, prospecting, fishing, etc. Anywhere I will be in and out of water and sand.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water shoes are okay, but they are low top and let in a ton of sand and gravel. Higher top dive boots are the answer. I have a few pair, and would not use anything else in the Surf.

Mike

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Vibram-590x330.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread