ShootOut! CTX3030/XP Deus/Fors Core/Velox one/CF77

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Jim
Bring them all when you and Bill come here....you can hold and film you "Shootout" here if you like....Deer Season here now Bow then Gun ....so bring some Blaze Orange Clothes...and you guns if you want .
Gary
We will get down for sure gary.Im not sure whats left to shootout but you are welcome to try one of my units.I might need a bat to get it back from you but hey....Orange for sure.The arrows are flying already,wont be long for the slugs.

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Now that will tell wich one is the best metal detector,report back wich is the best! if the shootout happens
Thats a tough one.I really done think one detector is the best for all hunting conditions.One unit i have does have the ability to be several detectors in one with alot of adjustments for the user.The Deus.

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Yup, just make sure you put the ferrous junk on top of the non-ferrous junk (rather than visa-versa), with space in-between. Most real world scenarios, ferrous junk is everywhere, but you will find most silver deeper, than most junk. There's junk that's spread out, well on top of deeper good targets (most cases).
Ferrous junk on top of the non ferrous junk?I used a rusty nail touching(on top ) of a Dime.I think you mean put the dime on top of the nail?? with some space?Or you mean leave some space between the nail and dime with the nail still on top.

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Man i have to get into digging Ginseng….. Have to be easier than driving truck.. When i get it i will let you know how it works ..
I looked for the sang around here while detecting,never found any.Indian Turnip is the closest thing i got lol

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fresh planted test bed results are pretty meaningless. I know that we've become a society of instant gratification, but until that soil has been left alone for a year or more your test doesn't even begin to simulate real world conditions.
A much better test would be to go out and actually find a target in the ground, test all your machines on it, then dig it up to see which one(s) got it right. If you're looking for masking situations with multiple targets in the hole, you can either throw out your need for immediacy and wait a year or more on your planted scenario, or use Trace on the CTX, or use your fastest deepest machine(s) to locate similar existing circumstances for a test. Then you might have a decent "shootout".

Agreed. Minelab Metal Detectors suffer the worst from this do to the FBS technology.

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Just finding a random target will not set up the scenario i was attempting.I hunt cellar holes where alot of target are in contact with iron or multiple pieces of iron touching the good target.trying to randomly find that is hard.This is just a quick sample of what I run into.trust me,Ive ran all the minelabs thru these sites for years.I did very well watch my vids.But now Im finding stuff that my minelabs cant see.I think the FBS has alot to do with it.All the other machines are single freq vlf.Im hoping one of you guys makes a video showing the same exact scenario i did and get the ctx to pick it up.So i can set mine up like that.Someone will take me up on that im sure instead of telling me all these ways it will work or how I did the test wrong.Get the ctx to do what the other 4 machines did plz.I dont like spending that much money and not finding stuff,and i know there's guys out there who can use the ctx alot better than me.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again, although I can understand your concern considering cost of the CTX

Fresh buried targets are the Likely reason.

& your not looking for freshly buried coins, so as you said
Just finding a random target will not set up the scenario.
Movement may of course.

& no matter what detector you use, each one will perform differently
depending on situation. I don't think there is a fix for the problem

But this tobacco tin Cache was detected with an Explorer SE
and the signal was of a single Half.

after I dug it, I got nothing but a Null

the next trip I hit the same spot & got another signal, Dug another Half

After that I got a Broken signal dug a dime & stayed on My knees using my Probe.

There was enough iron & Tin here to seriously mess with things,
but The SE came through.

I do wonder what I'm missing but know FBS works

DSCF0002.JPG

once you disturb the ground all bets are off, but even with your test,
does it prove 100% that scenario will or won't play out with the others ?
I'm not so sure. :(

Last edited:

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found good targets mixed with rusty metal with my etrac but i didnt know what i was missing til one day i loaned my fisher f70 to my son n law so we could hunt this area we have hunted for years.. He quickly found a high conductor target and asked me to check it with etrac... Well the etrac nulled so i used quick mask to open screen and cursor went straight to bottom right corner with boken signal.. I then switched to TTF and still no hint of anything good so i said a junk target the f70 must be falsing .. He ran coil over target and sounded good with numbers in 65-70 range I said dig it Was a 1970's memorial penny sitting on top of a round rusty chunk of metal.. I was floored We left early due to rain but the next day i used the f70 at a old school and located a target with good tone and a grunt next to it with numbers 76-84 so i called jay over with my etrac and same thing i just could not get any diggable reading or tone .. Well i dug a silver rosey dime at about 8 inches next to a big rusty pad lock... So i started testing daily and i missed alot with etrac in iron infested places..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found good targets mixed with rusty metal with my etrac but i didnt know what i was missing til one day i loaned my fisher f70 to my son n law so we could hunt this area we have hunted for years.. He quickly found a high conductor target and asked me to check it with etrac... Well the etrac nulled so i used quick mask to open screen and cursor went straight to bottom right corner with boken signal.. I then switched to TTF and still no hint of anything good so i said a junk target the f70 must be falsing .. He ran coil over target and sounded good with numbers in 65-70 range I said dig it Was a 1970's memorial penny sitting on top of a round rusty chunk of metal.. I was floored We left early due to rain but the next day i used the f70 at a old school and located a target with good tone and a grunt next to it with numbers 76-84 so i called jay over with my etrac and same thing i just could not get any diggable reading or tone .. Well i dug a silver rosey dime at about 8 inches next to a big rusty pad lock... So i started testing daily and i missed alot with etrac in iron infested places..

:o interesting results :thumbsup:

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008

What coils were you using?

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Great test.I knew the deus would hit.They are an amazing unit.The ability to adjust the reactivity is the KEY.If more companies would let us adjust this setting ourselves all detectors would do better.Ive had a hard time putting my Deus down ,its such a pleasure to swing and the ability to adjust so many settings really intrigues me.Reactivity has a major effect on depth as well as speed.Thanks for the Video's!

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Great test.I knew the deus would hit.They are an amazing unit.The ability to adjust the reactivity is the KEY.If more companies would let us adjust this setting ourselves all detectors would do better.Ive had a hard time putting my Deus down ,its such a pleasure to swing and the ability to adjust so many settings really intrigues me.Reactivity has a major effect on depth as well as speed.Thanks for the Video's!

The key here IMO is recovery speed, Tesoros are very fast as well, one of the fastest.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am a newb but enjoyed the video. I too like the two as to their results, that being the XP and the Fors if I remember correctly had a great tone. That being said I have a XP Deus on the way because where I live the groud is full of iron!

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interestingly, I found the example I was talking about on youtube! Someone's already done it:

Glad to see this!!!! I have a Deus on the way so it makes me feel good since in my part of the county and where I live is full of iron. In fact we are so covered the road I live off is called Iron Mountain and the Confederates use to mine the iron ore not far from my house during the Civil War!!!!

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
The key here IMO is recovery speed, Tesoros are very fast as well, one of the fastest.
Reactivity = recovery speed.I think you relized that but some may not.Thats what the Deus labels recovery speed as,reactivity.I would be interested to see the tesoros in action as well.I have never used one.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Good test but i thought i would see the ..Fors Core .. in the test also a little disappointing on that part..

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold

This test although set up well has one fatal flaw. It is evident that the maker of the test is biased toward the xp deus, it shows when u make note of the swing of each machine. With all the machines except the deus the swing is full and normal like except the deus when he uses that machine he is hovering over the coin and the swing is not the same as the other machines. Imo it's a bunk test

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread