Shopping for a used Fisher F75 SE LTD2 FA DST Boost Cache V 9.0? Helpppp.!!

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ive been thinking about purchasing a Fisher F75 for a long time. Recently i acquired a $400 ebay gift card, and the gift card is burning a hole in my pocket. I know i cant get one for $400 used, but that should put me more than half way there. I always want the newest and best version out there, but after a lot of reading im a bit confused and would love some clarification. Correct me if im wrong, but it seems like the newest version is the FISHER SPECIAL EDITION LTD2 with DST, FA, Boost and Cache Mode Version 9.0. I saw a couple on ebay that looked like pretty good deals. I think the Black shaft indicates that its a Limited Edition. I know the box says DST and FA Mode. One guy even said his detector is V9.0., but is there a way to tell these things by looking at a picture of the detector? and is 9.0 the newest version.? How do you tell its a LTD2? Guess im a little scared of purchasing something i dont want, or having someone tell me im getting something im not, and not knowing how to tell the difference. So how do you tell the difference.??????? Uggh, so many questions. I normally like buying from dealers, but i dont have a lot of cash right now, and using this ebay gift card will really help. I have kind of been eyeballing this one on ebay for a while. FISHER F75 LTD2 WITH DST AND FA MODE Looks like it has been relisted a few times, due to it not selling.. This guy claims his is the LTD2 with 9.0. The price seems a little high, but it does come with a few extra coils. Ive seen a few others on here for around 5-600 used without the accessories. I really dont need all the accessories, but a couple extra coils would be nice. Any advice would be appreciated

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it has the DST upgrade it it the newest. If it has boost process (BP) it is the SE or LTD 2. I have never used cache mode in the field and seldom use the boost process other than to try to get a better VDI reading on a deep iffy target. an older upgraded machine like mine I can switch between versions, but I have never done that since I like how the DST version works.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Only the newer version (DST model) of the F-75 will have a digital serial number ...it comes on the screen when first turned on.
Gary

Last edited:

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want the one with all of the processes then yes, the F-75 LTD 2 is it. As long as you see boost and DST you'll have it all. It's hard to tell by just looking at the machine itself because some black ones only have boost and cache, but not DST. Some gold even have all processes if they've been sent back and fully upgraded, some gold have just the DST upgrade, and some have none of the latest processes. So you always have to clarify by what it says in the description or by asking the seller. Generally when an ad says LTD 2 that means it has all processes. Original black and camo LTDs only have boost and cache unless they've been sent in and upgraded.

Last edited:

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't hesitate to buy a model you can afford now and you can upgrade it with Fisher later. I got this straight from the horse's mouth today. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473946898.122435.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just be aware that the upgrade to DST I took advantage of in F3b 2015 cost $150 to add DST and the FA process.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the F75 SE black Special Edition that has DST - FA - DE - JE - BC - PF -BP & CL, light and one of the best balanced machine beside the F19, I bought mine last year and on my last trip I used the AM and was surprised on the depth difference - anyway I don't know if this helps but I wish you good luck on what ever machine you end up with. Also the DST can be turned off but I haven't had any EMI issues with it at all.

Texas ED

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boost and cache upgrade (which includes DST) is $309. I'm always one to wonder how these things are done since I tinker with electronics, coding, and repair computers. What do they do about the guy like myself, who has the DST upgrade already, but wants Boost and Cache...do they charge me $309 even though I only need those two processes? When it's the reverse situation, as in the case of the first LTD models with Boost and cache they are able to do add DST etc for just the $150. So I'm wondering which of these processes, if any, are simply programmed into existing hardware, and which require the addition of new hardware or even total board replacement. I'm just kinda thinking out loud on that.

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased an F75 LTD Camo Edition on a good deal. I understand it does not have DST. Though Boost and Cache modes do so. Its suppose to get some time next week. I can't wait to get it!!!!!!!!

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
North East Alabama, Section
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
I started detecting in th
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can NOT upgrade one unless they offer it again. The upgrade offer ran out in Mar 2016. I bought a 2014 F75 LT 2 months ago with the intent of getting the upgrade then I emailed them and talked to support several times. I can not get an upgrade unless the offer it again and now its not offered.
If you know of a way please let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread