Shopping for silver on Black Friday - bought some @ face

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I managed to hit about 17 banks today (including 1 dump bank) on my way to and from work (10 on the way to work and 7 more on the way home). And it sure was nice not having to deal with all the traffic and bank lines this morning. Anyway the 2nd bank I stopped @ this morning was a bank I hadn't been to in a while and the teller had $20 in customer halves and $10 in big dollar coins. The halves were all clad but surprisingly I managed to score my first silver Ike ('72S)! :hello2:

The other 9 Ike's were all clad and I didn't have any luck at any of the other banks - just some more clad halves & a couple more clad Ike's here and there - but I'm still happy with finding my first silver Ike.

So after searching several hundred Ike dollars over the past couple of years I finally managed to score my first silver Ike. Of course I would have much rather found a Peace or Morgan but I'll sure settle for this keeper! Now I know silver Ike's really do exist in the wild!

Started off the week finding my first Merc on Monday and ended off the week finding my first silver Ike on Friday. :)

Also got a box of nickels and a box of dimes today so maybe I can find a little more silver this weekend. Plus I got a box of halves ordered for next week which will be my first half box in over a month. When I pick up next week I'm going to see if the vault teller will go ahead and start ordering me a couple of half boxes every week from now on. Maybe with a little luck I can find my first 90% half from a box before the end of the year. :)

Happy Holiday Hunting!

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Shopping for silver on Black Friday - and bought some @ face

That is a very nice find SF! I have acquired about 500 or so Ikes and no silver yet!

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, $$. Not much silver I know (only slightly more than 2x40% halves). But it sure is a lot sweeter than finding 2x40% halves - unless of course one of them is a '70D. Maybe a '70D half will be the next keeper I can check off my list of 1st time finds. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread