ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had a funeral to go to this morning so made one dive today. Water is still cold and today it was the dirtiest I have ever seen it. Not a lot of goodies and certainly not the ring I lost. A 61 and 64 rosey and a plated junk ring I thought was silver.

Upvote 12

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
silver is still a good find

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like that lost ring is going to bug you till you find it. Last summer I found a silver quarter and I dropped it after I stepped on a bees nest in the ground got stung 3 to 4 times I ran at least 200 yards they were some still with me and on my clothes. I still haven't found that quarter and yes it bugs me a lot. At least you weren't being chased by some of those critters that gotta be in the water, Do you ever get bit stung attacked while in the water that would be erie especially if you cant see what it is!!!!!!!! Thanks for the post Robert

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sounds like that lost ring is going to bug you till you find it. Last summer I found a silver quarter and I dropped it after I stepped on a bees nest in the ground got stung 3 to 4 times I ran at least 200 yards they were some still with me and on my clothes. I still haven't found that quarter and yes it bugs me a lot. At least you weren't being chased by some of those critters that gotta be in the water, Do you ever get bit stung attacked while in the water that would be erie especially if you cant see what it is!!!!!!!! Thanks for the post Robert

The worst that has happened to me is some kind of fish TWICE has grabbed my bootie and shaken my foot like it wanted to eat it. When I stir up the water I have absolutely no idea what it was cause I can't see it. I am thinking a very large catfish. Nothing in fresh water can hurt you but I guarantee it will startle you!

I will find that ring and dime. Just a matter of time when I get my coil over the spot they spilled out of my finds bag. Yes it was frustrating but worse things have happened

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The worst that has happened to me is some kind of fish TWICE has grabbed my bootie and shaken my foot like it wanted to eat it. When I stir up the water I have absolutely no idea what it was cause I can't see it. I am thinking a very large catfish. Nothing in fresh water can hurt you but I guarantee it will startle you!

I will find that ring and dime. Just a matter of time when I get my coil over the spot they spilled out of my finds bag. Yes it was frustrating but worse things have happened
Ive been having a lot of sea robins attacking my boots lately - bout ft and 1/2 long
if your concentrating on your swinging - they can give you a start - I get attacked by crabs all the time trying to latch on to my boots

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
diver.gif
t_l.gif

..: ANYTHING YOU PULL OUT OF THE
WATER IS A GREAT FIND ScubaDetector :..

Thanks for sharing!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Scuba, you brought some silver up to see the light of day that they haven't seen for a half century or so...and yes, you'll find your ring, it's not lost, just hiding! Can't wait to see it when you finally snag it again...did you say it rang up as gold? Thx...Ddf

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver dimes.
Tough when you find and lose something.
You will recover the ring because it's really bugging you.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice finds Scuba, you brought some silver up to see the light of day that they haven't seen for a half century or so...and yes, you'll find your ring, it's not lost, just hiding! Can't wait to see it when you finally snag it again...did you say it rang up as gold? Thx...Ddf

Yep. It was a solid mid tone on my CZ-21. Even with the silver dime next to it. It was a good size man's ring. I don't know if it had a solid top like a signet or if it had a stone in it. I don't ogle my finds till I get out cause I don't waste air. I will snag it again, just don't know when.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I'm waiting a little longer for some warmer water, I've lost allot of weight, still need to lose more before I invest in a wet suit. Keep hitting that area, you will hear that ring sooner or later if you keep trying!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and keep looking, the ring will be there! Looks like some Belle Isle Park Bath House keys and tags, neat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread