short day-metal finds-tootsietoy

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
For some reason I haven't been picking up coins(A few here and there). Im not complaining I know I have some learning to do. I have it set for coin&jewlery.MXT users,you know that ear piercing noise the detector makes when you get to close to alot of metal or go over alot of metal in the ground..ok.. it was in the inlaws ground so I figured what the heck.. I was curious, so me and one of the little nieces started to dig..she was the curious one,I swear ::).. needless to say it was a piece of Iron about a foot long ,really heavy,about 10 lbs ..It looked like a piece of the railroad.I just had to know what sets that off from underground- um errrrr I mean she did :D.. Anyway, so we dug up what appears to be an old gas cap,metal tube like thingy,and a toy metal car that on the bottom says -tootsietoy chicago 24 Porsche . That was about 6 inches down. pretty cool,and a few other things.. I'm going down the road to my sis in laws dad's house ,he says no problemo..Just explained to me where the family pet was laid to rest around 16 years ago and was buried with his metal collar.. Phewwww,I thought,don't want to unearth Teddy in front of the children :o looks like I am bringinig up a new generation of MD's .. one is as young as 7.. The others are 13,11,9..all girls.. I find them each a spot(you should of heard them the first time they laid eyes on a grub,oh brother) ,they dig,per their request.. ;D sometimes they use the bounty.. I taught them how to dig the propper way,they have their own tools,towels and bags to throw junk away. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 100_1406.JPG
    100_1406.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_1407.JPG
    100_1407.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
hey nice story,way to get the young ones in the action of MDing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool tootsietoy.

and good luck down the road.

silvergirl

Jul 12, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
prizm IV and MXT
;D I know what you mean about the overload sound. I did the same thing. I dug up a toy car about 4" down. I have a MXT. It takes alot of the guess work out of searching.H.H. Silvergirl

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
loved ready your story ! sounds like fun for the whole family, goodluck on your hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread