Short Hunt and Some Interesting Finds! "Vinylly" Something to post! Lotsa Pics!!

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150
Short Hunt and Some Interesting Finds! "Vinylly" Something to post! Lotsa Pics!!

WoooooWoo!! Where do I start! Well, hello fellow TNeters, hope everyone's having a superb weekend! Well, here I am, ready to tell some tales :) Went out this Saturday Morning to check out some of the local garage sales in the area, but ended up going all around town! Also went for a nice short hunt, due to the event of percipitation :-[

Let's start off with some of the morning "bought" finds. It was amazing, truly describing the phrase, "one man's trash is another man's treasure." Had Some time, so, I started off around the town. The first sale I hit, I found several interesting signs, though, a few stood out. They were stand up Pepsi signs, and looked to be vintage. I HAD to jump on them, because I knew they would be gone :D The phrase "Take home a carton" Originated in pepsi in the mid thirties, so, thought they could be worth a bit ;) It was a great find, but had to pay a fortune for them. A whole $1.00 Canadian ;D

Garage Sale Finds 29.JPG

Off I went again, Grined face, cruising around town. Happy about my previous buy, but thought that that would be it for the day. Boooyyyy was I wrong! Hit a couple more sales, nothing too too much, excpet for a small puppy that almost mistaked my leg for a hydrant ;D At about my fourth or fifth sale, I met an old couple, who were quite excited about their sale. They had just sold their car, and were in a great mood. Didn't have much out of the ordinary, but did have a few old appliances. Looking to be old, with a fabric plug - in cord, I found an old portable burner that I was interested in. Well, We got to talking, and in 15 seconds flat, it was mine. At an astonishing $4.00 :D

Garage Sale Finds 14.JPG

Wow! Was really happy with that, but my stomach sounded VERY angry at me, from depriving it from nutritions for sooo long :) With a growling stomach, grabbed a quick snack, and back out I went. Not much explanation for these finds ;D Looked in a stacked box, asked the price, sounded right, and off I went again :) Got these at $0.50 each.

Garage Sale Finds 16.JPG

Well, was close t about 9:30, and it was getting HOT. I decided I would only hit a few more, and wait untill next week for another trip. Well, I was lucky. Found a nice street sale, with around 5-6 sales all around. Was excited, because it couldn't have come at a better time. The neighbourhood was old, and boy am I glad it was. Here is where the title comes into play ;D

Garage Sale Finds 05.JPG
Garage Sale Finds 07.JPG
Garage Sale Finds 11.JPG

This is the first album. You could already tell that this was a gem waiting to be discovered. These aren't you traditional turn table albums, but phonograph albums. The age ranges from 1926 - 1938, with 6 records in total. These aren't whole records, but singles, which means that there was one song on each side. Was very excited about this find, and only for a toonie ;D If anyone wants any other info, please, message me :D Than, on another table, I found this beauty:

Garage Sale Finds 22.JPG

Ohhh boy! I'm sure someone knows who Al Jolson is, but for those who don't, here is a brief summary ;) Al Jolson was an artist back in the late 40's - early 50's. He was a white man that painted his face black, and wore white gloves. His music was easy flowing, and a great man. This album has 4 records, which have Eight of his singles on it in their original album. In the bottom right corner, couldn't really get a pic, but says "1946 Decca Records, Inc." Decca does not exist anymore, which is a record company. Love the Albums, and hope to get some sort of player to listen to these lost beauty's!

Garage Sale Finds 26.JPG

Alright, sorry for rambling folks, but hope you enjoy the post, will post a reply with more pics! and another small story ;D This is just a small portion of what I bought. Bought the Al Jolson album for $5.00 Canadian :D Below is a final pic of my feline helper, who really has a "taste" for great finds :D Thank you everyone, and HH! Pics of hunt won;t show :-[ Hmm, I'll work on that! Foiund some silver! And, if anyone has any info on this memorabilia, please, let me know!

Garage Sale Finds 13.JPG

Kiko

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kiko68

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150
Re: Short Hunt and Some Interesting Finds! "Vinylly" Something to post! Lotsa Pics!!

Here are some other pics of the purchases! and one of a hunt ;D

Attachments

• Garage Sale Finds 40.JPG
    Garage Sale Finds 40.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 552
  • Garage Sale Finds 32.JPG
    Garage Sale Finds 32.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 557
  • Garage Sale Finds 31.JPG
    Garage Sale Finds 31.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 551
  • Garage Sale Finds 15.JPG
    Garage Sale Finds 15.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 567
  • Garage Sale Finds 06.JPG
    Garage Sale Finds 06.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 552

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Short Hunt and Some Interesting Finds! "Vinylly" Something to post! Lotsa Pics!!

Love the Pepsi sign! I will give you two bucks for it...double your investment! LOL I am turning my potting shed into an old general store and need the signs! Hahaha
Great job on the garage sales.

OP
OP
Kiko68

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150

Thanks Gypsy!! Sorry, they're probably going on the 'Bay ;D Otherwise, sold :D

Thanks!, Kiko

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

That is some great stuff! Those models look very well kept.

OP
OP
Kiko68

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150

Why Thank You HalfDime! They were in a box that looked to be in storage for a while, with a lot of newer models on top! ;D

Kiko

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

i like the stuffed cat !! ;D ;D ;D

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Great story great finds Looks like a fun day.
Dman

OP
OP
Kiko68

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150

Thanks for the Replies Green and DMan, and Green, That is my real cat! :D :D :D

Kiko

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Shoot, I'll probably have to get my passport and get to London for those yard sales. My Mom had all of Al Jolson's old records. When she got sick my Uncles threw them out. :'(
Simply great finds!

R

RUDY2003

Pretty good garage sale huntin'....

Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions