Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Short Hunt At The 1800's Cranston Homesite

Hello fellow Dirt diggers;

I got out today and did some hunting while enjoying Indian Summer. Nearly 70 today and Wed. I went to one of my old spots 1 mile back in the fields. The beans are gone so I did some walking around. The house was on top of the rise in the field.

No coins today, but on previous hunts I have found some wheats while Daytondigger found some IH's. Lots of debris laying around. Glass, brick, etc. It's still kind of hard hunting bean stubble as they can poke your hand. Hard shoes are a must too.

I'll return again with another friend soon and try our luck for some coppers ::) It's fun hunting thses old sites as they are so quiet.........just you and mother nature.

Thanks for looking Ron

043-4.jpg

019-19.jpg

020-15.jpg

021-14.jpg

022-13.jpg

Upvote 0

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Short Hunt At The 1800's Cranston Homesite

Looks promising! ;D

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo C

From the land of the Bluenose...man that is a nice looking area and would take for ever and a day to hunt. You got attittude.....the joy of a hunt!

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: yo C

leslie(nova scotia) said:
From the land of the Bluenose...man that is a nice looking area and would take for ever and a day to hunt. You got attittude.....the joy of a hunt!

I just like to scan the field from time to time in hopes of a lone coin. Thanks Lesslie :icon_sunny:

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Re: Short Hunt At The 1800's Cranston Homesite

It looks as though that is one of those sites that takes a lot of hunting but has great potential for an outstanding find, keep it up Ron always enjoy your pictures Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread