Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Me and my buddy went our favorite metal detecting spot again today. Last time I was there I found a Connecticut Copper and much more, while my buddy found a few nails and shotgun shell. Today, within seconds of turning on the metal detector my buddy found a coin. He was convinced it was a half cent or farthing, but was later on disappointed to find out it was a 1864 Two Cent piece, that was nearly toasted. I found a large flat button, with a beautiful design, at around the same time my buddy found the coin. A few minutes later I found a pewter spoon with a scallop-like design on the base of the handle. At the same time my buddy found the chape of a colonial shoe buckle, and noticed that the tongue was still in the hole. Unfortunately, he could not find the frame anywhere. I then found a strange cone shaped button or furniture tack, I am thinking maybe a broken two piece button? Then the finds started to slow down in that area, and it was not for another 15 minutes when I found a beautiful pewter rat tail ladle, from between 1690 and 1750. The bowl of the ladle seems to be slightly melted. Anyways, most of these finds were found within 30 minutes of each other, within 50 feet of where I found the Connecticut Copper and a bunch of other colonial items last hunt. There was a huge rain the day before each time I went, maybe that brought up some relics.

DSC_0337.JPG DSC_0329.JPG DSC_0334.JPG

Anyways, Thanks for looking!

Upvote 13

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never get too excited about spoon bowls, but I got to tell you I like the shoe buckle parts...don't think I've ever found a tongue...so that's cool for sure.

Good spot keep digging.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anytime you're digging old items like those, you are in the right area. :thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome Relic hunting, congratulations!

Love the buckle and ladle parts... :occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X