Short hunt to a park that's been hunted a lot!

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really feel this new update to the Nox has opened up all the old spots for me. I'm finding things where I know I've swung the coil over many times and in many directions and I'm finding stuff! And the tones aren't scratchy or faint, the tones are loud and screaming.

I go to the park I found the nice 2 large cents in. It's been hunted a lot! Mary and I hunted the crap out of this little park and so have many others. It is really small. It was a doctors house in the late 1800's but burned down and the doctor donated the lot to the town as a park. Really trashy and lots of iron tones. First target is a memorial, second a aluminium staple, third an aluminium staple, forth an aluminium staple, ugh this goes on for a while.... Then I get a wheat and a few feet away I get the best old nickel I've ever found!

VNickOb.jpg VNickRev.jpg

Then a bunch of clad and another wheat. Then I get another penny tone and out pops a ring. No writing on the inside but it does look like it was silver plated. You can't see it in the photo but in the recessed part of the ring you can see a silver glint.

RingVandWheat.jpg

It really made my day to get that V nick! And a bunch of teens asked me a bunch of questions and asked to see the V nickel. It seemed like they were impressed with the nickel and of all the finds I told them I've found. Future metal detectorists? lol

Upvote 13
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old coins shooting! :occasion14:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ground in new England really destroys the old nickels so that's a great find as I assume NY isn't that different in ground condition. Congrats!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt & that's a good looking V nickel, nice ring & wheats, congrats on the saves.

I agree, the upgrade has been amazing at my pounded sites

OP
OP
Whyme

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old coins shooting! :occasion14:

Thank you sir!

The ground in new England really destroys the old nickels so that's a great find as I assume NY isn't that different in ground condition. Congrats!

Yeah I was surprised at the condition of this nickel. Usually they are really bad!

Nice hunt & that's a good looking V nickel, nice ring & wheats, congrats on the saves.

I agree, the upgrade has been amazing at my pounded sites

I know! I'm visiting all the old places and finding good stuff.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting