Short hunt today and another handful of colonial with a VMI mixed in!!

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being off of work today Bill and I (Bill being retired is off every day!) decided to get a short hunt in at our recent site. Not having an entire day can mix your plan up a bit, but we decided to just hunker down and eak out some more targets.

Did not do particularly bad for a half day, digging just short of a dozen buttons, including the Virginia Military Institute cadet button (ca. 1850s). It was actually my next to last target of the day, and made me happy! ha ha.

I also dug a cool little key, the usual colonial do-dads and a portion of some sort of measuring device (pictured with key). It has multiple lines, one I can make out "40" (middle) the bottom line has "130" "120." I know I have seen these before, but just can not remember. Lead has also been very prevalent at this site, dug two .36 colts, a handful of smaller round balls w(.36-.42) with sprus still attached and two .60 round balls.

I love that the majority of the buttons we are finding here are VERY early with other early brass mixed in. Bill had a decent day as well and saved our coin streak, while I saved our military button streak. Will let him post his.

HH

Dan

Attachments

• SC012113a.jpg
    SC012113a.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 265
  • SC012113b.jpg
    SC012113b.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 280
  • SC012113c.jpg
    SC012113c.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 261
  • SC012113d.jpg
    SC012113d.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 6
Nice VMI, And other cool relics also.......not a clue on the marked piece
.........HH

Nice VMI, And other cool relics also.......not a clue on the marked piece
.........HH

Thanks Greg - had fun. Bill and I are really off to a great start for 2013...still have other sites to get too as well! Good problem to have.

Dan

Impressive hunt Dan and a VMI is on my wish list. I'll have to wait until the RRH hunt in April to have even a sniff at one plus the site will be U.S. . What backmark did it have? D Evans in a ribbon, Robinson? HH, Quindy.

What a great hunting spot that you and Bill have! Good job guys and the VMI is "killer"! Tennessee digger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back