Short hunt with Stringfrenzy tonite, snagged 2 silvers....

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after work I picked up Josh (stringfrenzy) and first we hit a lot where they just tore down a house, I got the 1936 wheat, a ton of memorials and a toasted indian, and when I say toasted I mean it is so corroded I don't even think I can get a date off of it. I have it in electrolysis now. Then we went to a small yard, knocked and get permission. I got a shallow 4" dime signal, dug it and lost the signal?? So I closed the hole figured it was just clad and moved on. 5 minutes later, Josh walks over and said were you just digging over there, and points to my plug. I say yeah but I lost my signal, had it out of the hole and it disappeared.....well he opens his hands and said it was a merc, it was laying on top of the ground! LOL....so my hats off to Josh for his HONESTY, he could have just kept it, I tried to tell him to keep it but he said no way, you dug it. Thanks Josh, your a true friend, and Trustsworthy. Hope he gets a great find for repayment for his loyalty!

well then we stopped at an old park and I snagged one 1945S war nickel..........called it quits and headed home!

Attachments

• 6-14-11.JPG
    6-14-11.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 332
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding war nickels !! :o :icon_thumleft: Yeah sometimes you have to be careful of coins sticking to your shovel and falling away from the hole and losing the signal. :icon_scratch: Always check an area well after loosing a signal. :headbang: I'm not singling you out this goes for everyone !! :icon_thumleft: Its very respectful of Josh to give you your coin and you for saying he can keep it. :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post. Congrats on the finds. The silvers look to be in good shape as well. Like I said you could plainly tell that Merc had just been dug. You dug it, that's your coin. Guess you could say it kind of got misplaced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread