Short hunt with Vaquero

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I found a dirt lot next to a church that was originally built in the 1880s. after about 20 minutes of swinging, some pimply-faced high school kid who just got off the bus proceeded to tell me that 'the pastor didnt want anyone there'. I told him there are no fences or signs posted, I looked good to me. As he walked up I was digging what I thought was a buffalo nickel until I turned it over and realized it was a 2005 re-issue! Anyway I ended up at the lot behind the church lot, thats where I found the buckle thingy. Not sure what the rusted iron is (maybe some type of hammer/chisel?) I spent about an 1.5 hours out there. It was fairly soft dirt so that was a plus. No great finds, but it was fun none the less. I just love the pinpointing capability of the Vaquero with the 5.75 coil! It really is a sweet machine.:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• CAM00011.jpg
    CAM00011.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 66
  • CAM00014.jpg
    CAM00014.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most churches do not have "Posted Keep Out"signs.:tongue3: Glad they let you hunt on the next lot. Picnics were big back in the day and much was lost. Good luck.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most churches do not have "Posted Keep Out"signs.:tongue3: Glad they let you hunt on the next lot. Picnics were big back in the day and much was lost. Good luck.
It makes sense there were no signs posted, but the lot was obviously well traveled by foot (many kids walking were through on the way home from school) and vehicles, and it was separated from the church by a large gravel lot. It really didn't look like it was part of the church grounds at all. That's fine with me cause the best find was on the lot that was NOT owned by the church!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread