Short hunt

NJ Garrett

Apr 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

Even though the snow isn't melted yet, I simply couldn't wait anymore! So, I ventured out to see if I could find any items of interest. I searched a local baseball field to pull up some clad and "prime the pump." Then I hit the woods near my parent's house. I've pulled a lot of history from the grounds, so there's not much left.

I found this item about 3 inches down next to a pine tree. Interesting little find, slightly larger diameter than a quarter. Came up around 12:42 on the CTX3030, and mostly came out of the ground as shown, with a shiny luster.

It's definitely plated, but the plating is thick. Not sure if you can see that in the picture, but there are large "flakes" where you can see the plating peeling off.

Not sure of the age, but a fairly intricate design. I don't think that it's a button. If I had to guess, I'd say that it looks like a handle. to a cabinet or dresser. I'd love to hear opinions of others? Silver/gold plating? Dating? Anyone seen something like this before?

Love to hear your thoughts!

Kevin
20150314_200131.jpg
20150314_200117.jpg

Upvote 3

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea but congrats on getting out there and finding it! It doesn't look like it could have lasted much longer!
Bet it felt good to get out there swinging and digging again!

OP
OP
N

NJ Garrett

Apr 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It felt so good to get out an swing again. Daylight savings is awesome! :) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread