Short Notice Moving......

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short notice moving..No such thing!

It sucks! One day the plan is put into motion, everyone is excited and raring to go, your possessions are packed in what is actually reckless abandoned, though it seemed methodical at the time. A month later you arrive at your new destination, you unpack the necessities and leave the rest for later, when there is more time, so much to do before you can settle back and resume with the not required.

That first year passes, you’re comfortably settled in to the new abode and gracefully moving forward in your latest phase in life. Then it happens, for whatever reason there is the sudden need to fetch this or that, something that is still put away in something somewhere in the house or garage, or god forbid, that storage place you’ve not even been to in months. But you must find those items, and so you step up to the plate and dedicate some time for the adventure. After all, you’re pretty sure you know right where they are.

Totes, a stack of them, and while in their place of storage for months on end all of the packing tags have somehow managed to completely fade or fall off. OK, you no longer have any idea where the needed items are, other then you’re fairly certain they’re in one of those heavy, now completely unmarked totes. Time to dig in, this will only take a short while.

Two hours later you’ve still not found what you were looking for, but you have managed to find a lot of things you didn’t even know you had. “Why did I bring this? What is it for, exactly? What was I thinking a year ago when I thought I had a reason for packing this, this, thing?” And so the search continues despite all the obvious and curious distractions. Then comes, “Hey! My other thingy! I could use that!” You’ve not missed it in a year, but now suddenly it’s become a required household item. Two more hours pass and there are totes and piles of crap sitting in your living room, suddenly you are in the process of moving again. “What, exactly, was it that drove me to arrive at this today?”

Near the end of the evening, as you’re putting those last few uncertain items away, you open that little used closet and there it is, on a shelf at eye level. It is that all-important, much smaller tote you started looking for two days ago. “I think I’ll fool with that in the morning.” A full year later and you are still moving! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread