Short roll

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has this happened to anyone else?

So I open a box tonight and there is one roll that looks shorter than all the others- I think maybe its just leaning a bit but I take it out and another one and put em side by side and yep it's short- so I open and count- 6 dimes short
It was wrapped as tight and crimped at the top-
Wierd

Attachments

• image-1682527059.jpg
    image-1682527059.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tax for playing the game =)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly, this happens to me too often, another reason not to do dimes anymore, especially short rolls on top of being shorted with the coin counter...

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly, this happens to me too often, another reason not to do dimes anymore, especially short rolls on top of being shorted with the coin counter...

Wow really?

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I pay my "taxes" in the coin sorters shorts-
Oh the joys of this hobby

I turned in halves today at a bank, their coin counter said i had $2,176. I said ummmm that isn't right you gave me too much, she gave me a very puzzled look and said really?!?! How much do you think its off, told her about 120 dollars or so. She got the vault manager, they recounted and there was $1,940 there, told her that sounds more like it. They looked floored and told me how much they appreciated the honestly, it would have thrown them off and had a bugger of a time finding out where the error came from. I smell silver saved for me from them soon =)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, if the box is counted correctly(with no short rolls), on average, the coin machine I use will count the box of dimes as $245 or so every time along with pennies that I obviously didn't have in the mix(since I was dumping dimes)... And for the short rolls, I can only spot the ones with at least 3 missing, which happens once every 2-4 boxes or so, one roll I had was literally shorted $1.60(yup-- 16 dimes)

Be careful searching dimes, they can be rewarding with silver, but nickels never miscount and a silver war nickel is worth almost the same as a silver dime :)

Wow really?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread