glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are 3 bottles /jug I pulled from the same dump some time ago the small blue one has VICKS embossed on the side The BROWN/TAN Jug has Nassua Seltzer etched on the side And the clear one has SYS KELLERSTRAUSS embossed on it It was from about 1900 to 1913 as far as a timeline . That was one of the first items I found when I started digging this site The volume and variety of old glass I pulled from that site is greater than all the other items I dug in my life time It was truly a once in a lifetime discovery

Attachments

• IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 33

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the bottles-more detailed pictures are always welcomed.

This might be the clear embossed details.
It could turn amethyst if left in the sun.

Here's a super pretty amethyst 110 year old Kellerstrass whiskey bottle from Kansas City, Missouri...... KELLERSTRASS DISTILLING CO. KANSAS CITY,MO. U.S.A. REGISTERED DISTILLERS bold emb on front.... PATENT APPLIED FOR on bottom Hand blown.....cork top finish....round with panels around shoulder and base....decorated band underneath shoulder.....beautiful medium amethyst purple.....11 7/8"tall.

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive , Im interested in a few more complete pics of the Seltzer jug / bottle if you wouldnt mind .
Thanks
If these go through here are some more pictures of the seltzer jug I found while working in the biggest oldest bottle dump I ever located Let me know if they help at all

Attachments

• IMG_1945.jpg
    IMG_1945.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1946.jpg
    IMG_1946.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1942.jpg
    IMG_1942.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • DownloadDocument (2).pdf
    119.1 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not see any real clear details in those 4pics Let me know If you would like me to try again ,It is a very poor day as far as light and my camera is not to the best along with my picture taking ability add up to not much to see

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the bottles-more detailed pictures are always welcomed.

This might be the clear embossed details.
It could turn amethyst if left in the sun.

Here's a super pretty amethyst 110 year old Kellerstrass whiskey bottle from Kansas City, Missouri...... KELLERSTRASS DISTILLING CO. KANSAS CITY,MO. U.S.A. REGISTERED DISTILLERS bold emb on front.... PATENT APPLIED FOR on bottom Hand blown.....cork top finish....round with panels around shoulder and base....decorated band underneath shoulder.....beautiful medium amethyst purple.....11 7/8"tall.

That certainly is a cool color I wonder if this one would also turn to that color if left in the sun Do you have any idea how long the change in color would take . Great tip thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions