Getting Back In The Groove!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, well, well, “I'm baaaack!” Widow-maker in 2015, and then grueling bouts with more neck and back surgeries and the resulting nerve damage, and now osteoarthritis in my spine that looks to be developing into Rheumatoid, or some other off the charts infliction that they just haven't been able to positively identify. Been quite the train wreck. Soooo, I've recently said, “Screw it! Life is too short to exist in such a small confined shell.”

So Tom and I have tentative plans to be down on the treasure coast around May 10th for ten days or so, this being more of a recon trip to familiarize ourselves with the current beach situation and any other changes that may have taken place in recent years. And then we'll likely be back down sometime in the later part of autumn, and then have plans to make this at least an annual adventure over the next few years, or for as long as it can still be physically managed.

Today I'll be digging around in my closets to what all I've got left, I know the Excal and all of those various parts and coils are still in working order and around here somewhere. Still have a beach scoop around here as well. Sold the EQ-800 but now wish I hadn't because that lighter weight sure was easier on my neck, shoulders, etc. Still have three or four wetsuits hanging in the closet that I can probably still squeeze into if I have too but I doubt I'll be venturing out into the surf anymore.

I've really missed the beach, that sun on my back and the sound of the waves and gulls, the smell of that salty air. But most of all I miss the hunt, that part of the never ending adventure and all of the mystery and intrigue that goes along with it. So like a bear coming out of long hibernation, time to see if I can get my groove back? And yes, I've missed many if you folks too. Hope all is well in your worlds!

PS: If any of you folks want to bring up to speed on any significant changes in the rules, traffic, beach concerns, etc., I'm all ears and it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Much! I'm on a mission, baby!....lol

Upvote 14

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, well, well, “I'm baaaack!” Widow-maker in 2015, and then grueling bouts with more neck and back surgeries and the resulting nerve damage, and now osteoarthritis in my spine that looks to be developing into Rheumatoid, or some other off the charts infliction that they just haven't been able to positively identify. Been quite the train wreck. Soooo, I've recently said, “Screw it! Life is too short to exist in such a small confined shell.”

So Tom and I have tentative plans to be down on the treasure coast around May 10th for ten days or so, this being more of a recon trip to familiarize ourselves with the current beach situation and any other changes that may have taken place in recent years. And then we'll likely be back down sometime in the later part of autumn, and then have plans to make this at least an annual adventure over the next few years, or for as long as it can still be physically managed.

Today I'll be digging around in my closets to what all I've got left, I know the Excal and all of those various parts and coils are still in working order and around here somewhere. Still have a beach scoop around here as well. Sold the EQ-800 but now wish I hadn't because that lighter weight sure was easier on my neck, shoulders, etc. Still have three or four wetsuits hanging in the closet that I can probably still squeeze into if I have too but I doubt I'll be venturing out into the surf anymore.

I've really missed the beach, that sun on my back and the sound of the waves and gulls, the smell of that salty air. But most of all I miss the hunt, that part of the never ending adventure and all of the mystery and intrigue that goes along with it. So like a bear coming out of long hibernation, time to see if I can get my groove back? And yes, I've missed many if you folks too. Hope all is well in your worlds!

PS: If any of you folks want to bring up to speed on any significant changes in the rules, traffic, beach concerns, etc., I'm all ears and it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Much! I'm on a mission, baby!....lol
Welcome back! Good luck on your hunts.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back
Best of luck out there