Short video of todays find (florida)

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Short video of today's find (florida)

Hi everyone, here is my first video. I used a Tony Hawk helmet cam & the editing software that came with it. I found only a nickle but had some fun. I did a short hunt on my property in Florida. I also found some scrap metal pieces.

skt

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: Short video of today's find (florida)

catchy music --big game pulltab hunter :wink: :icon_thumright:

cool that you can now share your finds

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used

ivan salis said:
catchy music --big game pulltab hunter :wink: :icon_thumright:

cool that you can now share your finds

lol, yeah, the music came as an option in the editing software. I thought it was pretty good!! lol. Out in the jungle wilds, searching for that ever elusive big game find!! lol..

I have 2 video cameras one of them is a underwater camcorder. So in the future, I can combine some of my videos into one episode, and show them. Using both cameras for different shots, etc.

ttyl, skt

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Neat video... :thumbsup:
So what did you find?
Also, were you using a sweeping pattern (swinging the coil from side to side) while you were detecting?

Bran <><

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used

godisnum1 said:
Neat video... :thumbsup:
So what did you find?
Also, were you using a sweeping pattern (swinging the coil from side to side) while you were detecting?

Bran <><

Hi Bran, I found a nickle coin, and some metal strap looking things. I admit that I did not sweep from side to side like I really should of. I am still a bit new to this but I will get better the more I do it. I need to sweep wider and go slow. I did sort of a little rush job. Only spent about an hour. I needed to finish up so I can do other stuff in the house. I had to finish laundry & prepare for work tomorrow. 6 weeks on the road, and 2-1/2 days off! I am looking into possibly getting into the medical field. Possibly a xray tech or some other type of medical profession. This way, I can work regular hours, and be home regularly. It will take some schooling, but that's no problem. Trucking is not as good as it used to be, and I'm getting tired of it. Been trucking for 10-3/4years.

skt.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008

there a lot of x truckers going to my trade school! and im doing it at 46 so go for it. i also thought about the profesions you speak of. but decided on hvacr $ and i already completed a appliance course. another 2 months and its back to the real world. willy

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FloridaTreasureFinder said:
Hi Bran, I found a nickle coin, and some metal strap looking things. I admit that I did not sweep from side to side like I really should of. I am still a bit new to this but I will get better the more I do it. I need to sweep wider and go slow. I did sort of a little rush job. Only spent about an hour. I needed to finish up so I can do other stuff in the house. I had to finish laundry & prepare for work tomorrow. 6 weeks on the road, and 2-1/2 days off! I am looking into possibly getting into the medical field. Possibly a xray tech or some other type of medical profession. This way, I can work regular hours, and be home regularly. It will take some schooling, but that's no problem. Trucking is not as good as it used to be, and I'm getting tired of it. Been trucking for 10-3/4years.

skt.

Cool, well you were finding stuff none-the-less, which is great! :thumbsup: A sweep pattern will help you cover a whole lot more ground, and will increase the finds that you make. I really enjoyed the video though!!

And I know what you mean about getting out of truck driving. My buddy that I graduated from college from just walked out on his trucking job a couple weeks ago. He was driving from NY, cross-country, almost on a weekly basis. I almost wondered if he drove for the mafia, because of the locations and secrecy he had over his loads. Who knows.

Good luck with school! I hope you're able to get into a profession that would regularize your life some... :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used

I changed my mind on the xray tech thing. I remembered that I don't do too well working with people in enclosed environments like offices, whse, etc.. Some people get on my nerves too much!!

Truck driving works fine being as I don't deal with people for very long. Just short minutes. And I really like working at home on my ebay business, some stock trading, and of course, my metal detecting hobby.

My trucker friend Frank and his dog Daisy may come to visit me in Florida in Feb. He is also a big metal detecting enthusiast and we plan on getting some md'ing done while they are visiting for a few days. Frank even offered to pay for the gas for the md trip!! We may head down to Miami area from Gainesville. He's never been to Miami outside of trucking work. He never got to see the beach and surrounding areas. I have been there many times in both trucking and personal vacation.

We will bring our dogs and stay at motel 6 which is about 13 miles north of miami.

Also, I am on my way home now from Georgia, with about 6 days off. So I will definately get some md'ing in while I'm at home, and make more videos. I am going to do a whole series of videos. It's going to be called "Metal Detecting in Florida with Susan" Season 1, episode 1, 2, 3, etc.. When I get up to about 10 or so episodes, I will put them on a memory stick & sell them on my ebay store. :)

Take care, and ttyl, and HAPPY NEW YEAR. Sooz, Kelly & Tinky

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread