Short woods hunt then got some bad news about my brother.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was supposed to go out to see my parents early in the morning and do my taxes and visit but they called and said that they have some stuff that the had to do in the morning. So I decided to go out and hunt for a few hours in the woods before I headed out that way. I was about an hour before I got my 1st target a wheatie then 1 min later another wheaty, then 5 min later the IH, 20 min later the buffalo then I got a call from my ma.

She said that my brother Nathaniel (28yrs old) just got word from his doctor that he "more than likely" has cancer in his neck (not 100% positive). I didn't have any idea that anything was wrong with him but I guess he got a lump on his neck awhile back and kept putting off going to see his doctor. Well he went and had a biopsy taken and just this afternoon he got the results from his doctor. He is going back to the hospital on Tuesday and they are going to take a deeper biopsy to confirm it and see how deep it goes.

After I got off the phone I didn't feel like detecting anymore so I started to walk back to my car, once at my car I loaded up my gear and looked down at the ground and seen something shiny. I scooped it up and saw it was marked 925 Italy.

We're all shaken but we are holding out and hoping that the deeper biopsy will have a better result. My brother told my parents not to tell anyone, not even me but my ma told me anyways. ???

The bottom pix is from about a year ago.

Attachments

• 4-11-10.jpg
    4-11-10.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_0901.jpg
    100_0901.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 227

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Kermit,
Sorry to hear that news. I will be praying for your brother and your family. When my Dad had cancer, he was the same way, not wanting anyone to be told. It was difficult to both respect that desire and balance it with the fact that people, not just the person who is sick but family, need support from others. I hope there are better results in the days to come.
-Jon

B

BigDan

My thoughts are with you

I just discovered this week that my sister has cancer in both breasts and her lymphnodes. She is very scared right now. All we can do, is pray and trust that God has a plan...and lend them our strength and support when they need it.

I do hope you get good news.

BigDan

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
I'm so very sorry to hear that about your brother. I pray everything will turn out to be ok. I hope you and your family will all be ok.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Good hunt, bad news. You're brother? Gotta be from tough blood Kermit, hang in there with him and keep him on the up and up. Meanwhile we'll all be hoping for the best.

Prayers and wishes you're way bro'!

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear the bad news Kermit. Hope everything works out for the best in the days ahead. You have a great support group hear to back you up.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kermit, I hope & pray everything will turn out for the better. . . you have all our support.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Yep, we'll be hoping for some good news with your Bro. :thumbsup:
Nice finds there also TF!!!

winken

Mar 27, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500 fisher 1266x ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry kermit. Praying and hoping for the best. God bless.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great finds!

Sorry to hear about your brother. I will be sure to keep him in my prayers. :thumbsup:

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to here about your brother. Prayers and good vibes on the way.
HH
John

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Sorry about the scary new, Kermit. Hopefully its better news the second time around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread