Shorted

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all and Happy Holidays. Wondering if any of you have been getting shorted on MWR halves lately? I can usually tell when they are off by 1 and although maybe it happened every few boxes in the past, I open three boxes the last few days and over 20 rolls have been short :dontknow: I know it is part of the game and not to worried as this is not a $ thing for me but just wondering if it is happening to anyone else.

Maybe they stopped culling the silver as some say and figured it is easier to just short every 3rd roll of a coin :tongue3: JK

I only got one 64 and 1 40% in the 3 boxes also :BangHead:

Good Luck

Jeff

Upvote 0

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know who the currier is Jeff?
Very few short rolls here with Brinks, but have received two boxes, each missing an entire roll.
Being shorted stinks but good you found some silver, being shorted & skunked at the same time really stinks.
Maybe you should open some boxes in front of the teller when you receive them?
I don't, don't want to do anything to risk looseing my orders, I just eat any losses, but in your case if it contines, it really starts to add up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi agme, they are delivered by Brinks but the CU MGR tells me they order directly from the FED. not sure if that could be true or not but it is what they say.

again, I just consider it part of the game and the MGR who I use to work with as a young teller said it perfect whe she said "hell, your still making $ with the silver" so I will not be complaining anytime soon. Although if I was short a roll that might be another issue.

Good luck,

Jeff

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I had one order bank that always opened the boxes before i picked them up, I asked about it, they said "we're makeing sure there are no rolls missing" well I never got any enders while they were opening them, after I told them I would like to receive them sealed and I would assume any risk of loss, then I started finding enders, hummmmm I wonder why????

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi agme, they are delivered by Brinks but the CU MGR tells me they order directly from the FED

They can't order from the FED. Brinks can if their supply runs out, though that rarely happens.

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sagittarius. I had that feeling but hey, what the he"ll do i know. These are Brinks boxes that are being shorted than.

Good luck,

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread