All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
It happens, even in sealed MWR boxes. You gotta be prepared to pay to play in this game.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep you'll get shorted picking up and dumping (if you use a coin machine) all part of the hobby

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually have too much when my bank counts coins. I took in 3k in halves today to dump and they said it was 3037.00, told them they were long again on their count. They seemed puzzled like the other times it has happened. Told them to just put 3k in my account and hold the rest out incase their vault comes up short, when the numbers are crunched if they were long they can toss it back into my account or just have a pizza day lol.

BigMoses777

Apr 4, 2013
I have been lucky with not getting wrong rolls and the coin counters have been fairly accurate as far as I have seen(never been lucky enough to get extra lol), but I have gotten hosed with plastic tabs that are the size of a coin, foreign coins that are worth squat but some are fun to keep and then there is the Canadian issue... Any thoughts on what to do with the Canadian coins? My bank won't take them back and I'm starting to get a good size collection.

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you all know its the coin counters shorting you and not short from the vault. I mean unless you count each roll when you open it you assume they are correct from brinks/loomis. I have received rolls that are clearly off from them. I just chalk it up as the price of poker

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually have too much when my bank counts coins. I took in 3k in halves today to dump and they said it was 3037.00, told them they were long again on their count. They seemed puzzled like the other times it has happened. Told them to just put 3k in my account and hold the rest out incase their vault comes up short, when the numbers are crunched if they were long they can toss it back into my account or just have a pizza day lol.
Twiasp, that's really odd, I wonder how they account for the overage, as everything has to balance by the end of the day, the bank can't just have "extra" $ laying around.

detectingarizona

Feb 4, 2013
tempe, arizona, usa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter challenger, and Ace 250, gold nugget bucket!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, i know that some coins that are silver can be worth money, like canada had or has silver quarters, and mexico had silver pesos apparently, just my 2 cents, i just do wheat roll hunts gl HH

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been lucky with not getting wrong rolls and the coin counters have been fairly accurate as far as I have seen(never been lucky enough to get extra lol), but I have gotten hosed with plastic tabs that are the size of a coin, foreign coins that are worth squat but some are fun to keep and then there is the Canadian issue... Any thoughts on what to do with the Canadian coins? My bank won't take them back and I'm starting to get a good size collection.

My son "collects" them, so I just give them to him. Of course he is young and likes to collect most anything LOL. We do get a fair share of them here in Michigan because we border Canada. I think of them the same way as I do the "ruined" pennies I often dig up metal detecting. Cant really do much with them either.

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
My son "collects" them, so I just give them to him. Of course he is young and likes to collect most anything LOL. We do get a fair share of them here in Michigan because we border Canada. I think of them the same way as I do the "ruined" pennies I often dig up metal detecting. Cant really do much with them either.

I give em to my son as well get about 20 per box of cents here in Michigan

Customer wrapped rolls are full of them. People
Hide them in the middle

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give em to my son as well get about 20 per box of cents here in Michigan

Customer wrapped rolls are full of them. People
Hide them in the middle

OK we are in Michigan too. Hitting so many Canadians must just be part of living so close to the border I suppose.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure if a video needed to be made because you were shorted a few dimes.

Try being shorted $131 after a dump into a coin machine and a recount shows the machine was off by more than that from previous users.

Not even that required a video to alert the public to our exploits. The less who do this the better off we all are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread