Shotgun rolls?

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Top of the morning to yall! I recently (just for fun) bought two shotgun rolls off ebay. They claimed to be unsearched, but, there is an ongoing dispute about that. They will have a silver dime on the end (for sure) and the rest are supposed to be wheaties possible an indian if i'm lucky. They cost 6.75 each (no tax in oregon) and 1.50 in shipping. Anyone else had any luck with shotgun rolls? Please post a picture!

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen these kind of ads, and at times was very close to doing it.

But I've seen far too many rips in my life, I now live WAY on the paranoid side in my approach to them things.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a large white house for sale for 500 Grand, it's in the Nation's capitol.

send me a check and I will give you the address and a set of keys

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They for the most part are a rip off. No such thing as unsearched rolls of wheaties with silver or gold on the end. Rolling machines can be bought and "uncirculated" rolls made. Best to stay away because the remaining coins in the rolls are on average worthless culls.

OP
OP
B

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well. I'll post some photos if they aren't all crap.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the silver dime supposedly got rolled in there accidentally? I actually have some Ben, WL and 90%-40% enders that I save out of productive boxes. I even had WL and Ben double enders from a dream box I was thinking about selling on Ebay. Then I thought about what a pain Ebay would be and opened most of the double enders. I still have a nice collection of enders and if I ever hit a slow spot I can open them n feel that excitement. I opened one with a 90% Kender recently and got 1 90% and 4 %40. I was stoked. Thoughts on putting them on ebay? Can't hurt but to try.

OP
OP
B

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, congrats! I post pretty much everything on ebay. A while back I bought an 1844 large cent and when I received it, it turned out to be a 1844/81.. I paid 12 bucks, sold it for $95.
Its up to you, but I would post them. Ebay is hyperinflated right now.. a good time to sell silver and gold.

OP
OP
B

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I found 2 mercs a few early date wheaties '16 and up, hard to tell if they were searched or not.

OP
OP
B

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I paid 6.75 each with 1.50 shipping so about 15 bucks. Meh, not a loss but not really a profit. :dontknow:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread