Aug 1, 2008
Paducah, Kentucky & Hendersonville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Prizm III.
bullseye pinpointer
Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work for a local church and we recently merged with another church. Today I was driving to the other church building to get some things out of the old building when I saw that the city had dug up a rather lenghty section of sidewalk up in a old section of town. Unfortantly I had left my detector at home because of my recent work schedule plus all the rain that we have had it has been virtually impossible to hunt. Today was dry and the dirt under the walk looked great. It supposed to rain tonite. I guess that is how my luck always goes. A day late and dollar short.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usually the rain helps picking up coins. I would put my detector in the car and go back over there. As it is a long week end the city will not be working on it until next week...Matt

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probally another hunter already detected it.

ldablo

Apr 21, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Master Hunter CX Plus
Possibly but...you never know.

Optimism is a requirement in this kind of endeavor. :thumbsup:

LD

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
usually the rain helps picking up coins. I would put my detector in the car and go back over there. As it is a long week end the city will not be working on it until next week...Matt

I agree with Matt, get back there. Good luck & post a pic of those finds.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
mrjosh

mrjosh

Aug 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Prizm III.
bullseye pinpointer
Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to work til 12 that saturday. By the time I was able to make it there they had already compacted a good layer of gravel on the site. However when diving by today it looked like they might be getting ready to do some work on the sidewalk a couple blocks down. Maybe I can get to that one sooner.

slotman

Oct 30, 2005
edgewood, washington
Detector(s) used
garrett gti 2500,Tesoro, Bounty hunter
I take my detector apart so it fits under the seat in my truck so I always have it, too many times in the past i was wishing the same thing.

SpiderCoil

Jun 9, 2009
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickDraw II & someday an MXT300.
My MD is in the trunk - always! Well except when it hits 85+ outside then I take it into work with me.

OP
OP
mrjosh

mrjosh

Aug 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Prizm III.
bullseye pinpointer
Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mr. American said:
Have you thought about asking for Forgiveness from your metal detecting club?

Unfortantly to my knowledge there is no clubs here. I started keeping it with me untill a week or two ago when the temps hit the mid 90s, most of last week it was 97 - 98, with a heat index of 105+.

I did try a small park near that location with some promise. In the short time I was there came away with a few quarters ( that was the only thing I attempted to dig that day)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread