Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
gwargasm said:
I saw this ad on ebay:

Air Knife Compressed Air Excavation Tool | eBay

The starting bid is way low. Those things are worth $1,000 a pop new. I'm tempted. I can get through a ton of earth with this thing. It'll save me a lot of time. I just don't know if renting an air compressor is worth it.

Anybody have any experience with these things?

Yes you should buy it. I will then put up a air compressor on e-bey very cheap. Let me know when you buy it.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's baaack:laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did OverkillOverkill change his name?...Im just glad hes back.

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should buy it, it will work well on the cell bars for weekend trips.

mfitzs70

Sep 15, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett's Ace 250, Garrett's Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most knives are sharp enough to cut air anyhow.....Right?

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this ad on ebay:

Air Knife Compressed Air Excavation Tool | eBay

The starting bid is way low. Those things are worth $1,000 a pop new. I'm tempted. I can get through a ton of earth with this thing. It'll save me a lot of time. I just don't know if renting an air compressor is worth it.

Anybody have any experience with these things?

Yes I have had experience with "these things" but what does that have to do with a air knife? I heard their is a cheap air compressor on e bay

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow 10 smart ass answers to a question, isn't there a comedy forum somewhere? :dontknow:

I would like to see a video of this thing in action. It sounds like the air actually loosens and moves the dirt. Great for working around utilities, but I bet it would blow that mercury dime across the street.

I've worked with big air tools all my life, and I bet you could make one with a length of steel pipe smashed to a slit, with a valve. It's hard to beat your hand tools for recovering treasure. Just the fuel to run a compressor that size for 8 hrs would run about 40 bucks, plus the rental......

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Gold Maven said:
wow 10 smart ass answers to a question, isn't there a comedy forum somewhere? :dontknow:

I would like to see a video of this thing in action. It sounds like the air actually loosens and moves the dirt. Great for working around utilities, but I bet it would blow that mercury dime across the street.

I've worked with big air tools all my life, and I bet you could make one with a length of steel pipe smashed to a slit, with a valve. It's hard to beat your hand tools for recovering treasure. Just the fuel to run a compressor that size for 8 hrs would run about 40 bucks, plus the rental......

That part about blowing a mercury dime across the street was pretty funny. So that fits in with the rest of the replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread