Should i just leave this?

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am digging in an area on my property that was at one time a garage I found treasures yesterday and a few more today . There is what looks like it may be a disk, everything I'm finding i think are old tractor parts , but it's under tree roots I'm thinking maybe I should just leave it be so I don't damage the roots. But I'm really wanting to see what it is lol

image-196784998.jpg

Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I'd leave it. Looks like a disk off a plow. Wouldn't be worth the effort to me, but I'm more of a coin guy.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm like a basest Hound after a mole sometimes but I believe I would leave that sucker.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think I would probably leave it to, but if you have to know, dig deep enough BELOW it to turn it sideways and lift it between the roots. Just a thought, Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think I would probably leave it to, but if you have to know, dig deep enough BELOW it to turn it sideways and lift it between the roots. Just a thought, Frank...-
View attachment 1021674
Good idea Frank,that's what I do when I did up an old pipe thinking its a cannonball,haha.

OP
OP
A

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't stand it I kept at it, I did just what you guys said and dug under it. There is another piece so I kept going but was not able to get it out. I'll try again tomorrow. I know it's not worth anything but I'm having fun and I will make something from it all or gift it to a friend who welds

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yea, that is what I do also. Kind of a junk to art process lol. Here's an old plow point I found on a farm and 'worked on' Frank...-
plow 700.jpg
PS: I made the OLD IRON disc when I was doing enameling.

Last edited:

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i say go for it and that other piece, some these old iron things can be purposed as art like what frankn does. Collectors go crazy for em sometimes, and stage prop designers will pay high dollar for the good stuff. Mike and frank from that show american pickers also love and collect that kinda stuff

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
i say go for it and that other piece, some these old iron things can be purposed as art like what frankn does. Collectors go crazy for em sometimes, and stage prop designers will pay high dollar for the good stuff. Mike and frank from that show american pickers also love and collect that kinda stuff

If you ever go in a Cracker Barrel Restaurant Check out the walls!!! Frank...- 111-2 de Vinci.jpg

OP
OP
A

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow That's nice, and we had to take an old barn down, saved as much of the wood that we could and now I'm thinking I may have to do that with some of them. Here is everything I got from under the tree!

image-1010653454.jpg

OP
OP
A

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a close up of one item, I'm thinking it was attached to a car or tractor. The silver is very thin and I think it's going to flake off , I know it will if I try to clean it. But do you guys have any idea what it is. Measures about 3x4

image-3241377551.jpg

image-1017795481.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thin silver peeling off cap may be a radiator or gas cap off a tractor? Some diesel tractors had a smaller pony engine to start first and it was used to start big engine,more caps and sizes maybe. First guess was a stove knob but the things it was near does like your guessing suggest farm equipment.
Sickle bar teeth,pick axe,discs,harrowing rake springs. An old school knife maker might be interested in the rake springs if you find no use or display for them.

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be one of them big old hoe heads?I always thought they are neat finds,As far as values goes they can bring around 20, 30 bucks "depending",if that is what it is?Only one way to find out.gl

OP
OP
A

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that's it, a gas cap thanks!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread