Should i post at work? How much?

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was sitting at work the other night looking over the general use cork board. Looks like many are getting hard up for cash. That's when I got an idea. What if I post that I'm looking for old coins. The question is....how much times face should I offer? Or should it be a case by case deal.

I could just toss out 5 or 10 times face or something just to see. Any opinions, suggestions, comments or other?

Thanks

Novapax

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I have thought about the same thing at my work. Most of the guys who work there drink themselves stupid most days of the week and most weekends as well, I was thinking about a ' want to buy coins and jewelry ' thing up myself, if I am allowed to, I have not asked for permission yet.

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The nice thing is at my work, they provide a board to sell things or offer services etc. So, Im interested in posting a sign...just dont want to low ball too much, but then again, I dont want to pay top dollar.

Just looking to see what I should offer for "junk," (not junk in our books) silver coins.

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could tell them to go to coinflation for price for coin and years so you aren't co stanly answering question on how much and years. It is fair and you may get some key/semi-key at a deal.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Telling everyone at work that you have silver in your house? I would not do that. I only tell very close friends that I collect silver coins. Acquintance? No.

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont think I would advertise, "IM BUYING SILVER COINS!!!!!" No...I would just put in a flyer that if you need cash, I would buy your old coins...1/2s from 70 and older, dimes and quarters 1964 and older. Then I would say how many times face value they could get for them. Thats it....simple and to the point...just dont know how much X's face to put. Again...dont want to be too greedy and low ball, but I do want to get as much silver for as little as possible. LOL

Novapax

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am more talking about security/home invasion especially to people want know when I am or not at home.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Two years ago, I posted an ad on the board at work stating that I'd pay 10% under spot. Not one single bite. I also let the tellers know that I was paying 10% under spot or better. Not one single bite. I also mentioned I would beat all local deals...nothing. That's just my luck.

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im guessing I wont get too many bites...but I am in a building with about 200 people.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a good plan but I don't think you will get many bites. Most people just don't care about their change. You may get that one person who is trying to unload a collection that he/she inherited but that would be uncommon. Good luck if you do decide to post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread